Super Bowl XLVII Field

jc...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's mine- I also created a thread for this, but once I posted it I saw this one, so I'll just post mine here and let this be the thread.

(Click on the image to see a much larger version)

isDtAHGwJrlBt.png

iOPTiGMLsDFEI.png

ikXfHOdJlRAhX.png

ibjRUkI6IXn7jO.png

Last year's thread for comarison-

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/85232-super-bowl-xlvi-field/page__hl__%2Bsuper+%2Bbowl+%2Bxlvi+%2Bfield

I think the NFL logo is a little big on pscf3's and I don't expect the G marker. and for jc's I don't recal if there was a highlighted 20 yard line last year and if so what color. I don't see the 5 yard markers KidBro mentioned unless it got overwritten. But based on what we've been seing I think both of these are about right

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

LOVE all these concepts...though I still wish they'd go back to having two helmets on either side (one with the team's logo, the other with the conference logo)

As a big brother to a little brother, I really hope it's the Ravens vs. the 49ers...the "Bro Bowl" is just the IDEAL matchup!

bYhYmxh.png

I'm not a fan of the helmets in the end zone because you then get secondary colors for the background instead of the primary. Like the two times the Giants had red, or the Redskins with yellow or the Eagles with grey, or the Dolphins with orange or the Chargers in yellow. You get the idea. Also, the Steelers end zones should be done in black, not yellow. Just my opinion.

iq5b7nF.png

I would love to see the 49ers' endzones with gold as the background color with red lettering, however each Super Bowl they've been in previously has had red as the background with gold lettering and I'm worried that the NFL will continue the pattern.

The Ravens had purple backgrounds with white lettering in their previous Super Bowl. Didn't mind that look, and expect that they'll do that again.

I would love to see the 49ers' endzones with gold as the background color with red lettering, however each Super Bowl they've been in previously has had red as the background with gold lettering and I'm worried that the NFL will continue the pattern.

In relation to a previous post I made in this thread, and also why I went with gold in my concept, I think back in the 80's/90's they were putting helmets in the end zones which would make the need for a different contrasting background color. The 49ers gold helmets needed a red background.

Now, in Super Bowl XXXIX, they had smaller helmets, and went with the teams primary color. As you can see, you can barely see the Eagles helmet.

alltel-stadium-jacksonville-fl-super-bowl-xxxix.jpg

When the Eagles played in Super Bowl XV, they used the alternate silver for the end zone. You can clearly see the helmet, but the silver blends in with the white out of bounds border.

SuperBowlXVField.jpg

I prefer the current format they use now with ( logo - script - conference logo) It looks clean. Now if they would only go back to unique game logo's!!!

But I would say there is a good chance for the 49ers to use a gold end zone, but most likely it will be red.

iq5b7nF.png

In relation to a previous post I made in this thread, and also why I went with gold in my concept, I think back in the 80's/90's they were putting helmets in the end zones which would make the need for a different contrasting background color. The 49ers gold helmets needed a red background.

When the Eagles played in Super Bowl XV, they used the alternate silver for the end zone. You can clearly see the helmet, but the silver blends in with the white out of bounds border.

I prefer the current format they use now with ( logo - script - conference logo) It looks clean. Now if they would only go back to unique game logo's!!!

But I would say there is a good chance for the 49ers to use a gold end zone, but most likely it will be red.

Great points - the removal of the helmet has changed since the last time the 49ers were in a SB, so I think you're right that there's at least a decent chance that they have a gold background on on 2/4/13.

I would LOVE it if they had white backgrounds for both teams with the team colors for lettering (maybe too much to ask for this superbowl, but perhaps for a special occasion, like super bowl # 50). They, of course, would have to make the out of bounds lines a different color. I've never seen this in the NFL but they pull this off in college football from time to time.

Archived