OK, How would you tweak the Seahawks road unis if needed ?

seahawk9

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Lose the pattern on the front of the helmet.

- Use a regular gloss finish on the helmets instead of the low-intensity matte they currently use.

- make the gray part of the seahawk helmet logo green.

- make the triangle that houses the Nike logo green on the white jerseys like it is on the blue jerseys

- outline the numbers on the shoulders in green

- fill in the blank spaces in the pants stripe with green.

- remove the wordmark from the left chest stripe.

- Use a regular gloss finish on the helmets instead of the low-intensity matte they currently use.

- make the triangle that houses the Nike logo green on the white jerseys like it is on the blue jerseys

Close to perfect. For the Seahawks, anyway. The only other thing to add would be to make gray pants the only option home and road.

I'd have just tweaked up the previous sets, personally...lightened up the Puget Slate, darkened down the navy, probably accentuated the lime green highlights some, forced them to wear those Puget Slate pants on the road more and enlarged the sleevehawk logos so they weren't twin-sized to the manufacturer logo, and left well-enough alone.

What they have now is way too overdone, incohesive, and just smacks of trying way too hard to be cool and innovative.

(I do like thr base navy/bright green color pairing though...had they just left it to that, and x-nayed the chicken-wing things, it'd probably be a bit more palatable.)

This is really really close to perfect. I'd just add two things;

One, lose the pattern inside the numbers... if it can't be seen from more than a few feet away, it serves no purpose, uniform-wise. Also make the home numbers white instead of gray... there isn't any white on the dark jersey to balance the white on the helmet.

Two, come up with a second pair of socks to wear with the navy pants for contrast. Dark pants with same color dark socks is a fail every time.

You know, I don't really mind the "Seahawk" wordmark on the chest. I thought it would bug me, but I don't really think about it.

One, lose the pattern inside the numbers... if it can't be seen from more than a few feet away, it serves no purpose, uniform-wise. Also make the home numbers white instead of gray... there isn't any white on the dark jersey to balance the white on the helmet.

Two, come up with a second pair of socks to wear with the navy pants for contrast. Dark pants with same color dark socks is a fail every time.

You know, I don't really mind the "Seahawk" wordmark on the chest. I thought it would bug me, but I don't really think about it.

It bugs the hell out of me.

i would tone down the grey and get rid of the monochrome navy. the Navy and Green look fantastic.

I agree about the socks. Navy works for all navy because that's what they're going for but for white on navy I think white socks would work with stripes that mimick the logo. Navy on top grey on the bottom broken up by a thin white line.

Scrap the whole uniform and put together something that has some sort of cohesive style and design. They need to find some sort of symmetry with the uniform, whether is the sublimated broad patter on the helmet, the thick panels on the front of the jersey, the thicker seahawk patter on the pants, or the small patter on the collar. They gotta figure out the colors. They have the basis of a nice color pallet, but it just gets too jumbled.

Their jerseys would look better IMO if the front stripe didn't extend into the neck but rather stopped at the sleeve cap shoulder like the back stripe does. Then it would do a better job tying that symmetrical tribal pattern throughout the entire uniform.

I'd have just tweaked up the previous sets, personally...lightened up the Puget Slate, darkened down the navy, probably accentuated the lime green highlights some, forced them to wear those Puget Slate pants on the road more and enlarged the sleevehawk logos so they weren't twin-sized to the manufacturer logo, and left well-enough alone.

Sounds about right. I miss the Puget Slate. It made them really unique. Now it's just plain old navy and silver (or excuse me, WOLF GREY) gussied up with weird patterns and textures. On the other side of the continuum, why so many people here want them to look like the Cowboys and Lions, I'll never know.

On the other side of the continuum, why so many people here want them to look like the Cowboys and Lions, I'll never know.

I'm gonna presume by that you mean the many suggestions of silver helmets and pants, and if so, I agree. True, they used to have silver helmets and pants in their history, and I don't think I'd mind it all that much if they went back to it, but as pointed out, it'd have morphed to wolf gray by now anyway.

Sounds about right. I miss the Puget Slate. It made them really unique. Now it's just plain old navy and silver (or excuse me, WOLF GREY) gussied up with weird patterns and textures. On the other side of the continuum, why so many people here want them to look like the Cowboys and Lions, I'll never know.

Graphically speaking, the main reason I am a proponent of the silver helmet look is for contrast. The Seahawks logo is now mostly navy, so putting it on a navy helmet really muddles or flattens out the helmet as a whole. But you put that on a silver or that old Puget slate color (a midtone) and then the helmet design really comes alive.

The Cowboys don't wear the navy jerseys enough to count and the if you use the white or navy pants on the road, you avoid the Lions clash. It's a shame, because navy and silver/grey is one of the best looks out there and the Patriots are as close to good as the NFL has.

I just meant people who show a picture of the Largent Seahawks and say "THERE DONE I FIXED IT.' No you didn't! Those looked cheap and derivative.

No, classic and timeless......Like the Bears, Packers, Browns, Cowboys, Colts, Raiders, Chiefs, etc...............................They got it right the first time.

Archived