Players who were traded as draft picks

nash61

A few examples:

Ray Bourque- Los Angeles Kings

8th overall pick in 1979 traded to the Bruins for goaltender Ron Grahame

Joe Sakic- Washington Capitals

The pick used to select Joe Sakic (15th overall, 1987) was traded by the Washington Capitals to the Nordiques to acquire Dale Hunter

Martin Brodeur- Calgary Flames

Flames trade the 20th overall pick to the Devils with several others for the 11th overall pick in the same draft (1990). Calgary selected Trevor Kidd.

Scott Niedermayer- Toronto Maple Leafs

The Leafs traded their first round pick (3rd overall, 1991) to the Devils for Tom Kurvers.

Roberto Luongo- Toronto Maple Leafs

The Islanders traded Wendel Clark, Mathieu Schnieder, and DJ Smith to the Leafs to get the 4th overall pick in 1997.

Daniel Sedin- Atlanta Thrashers

In the biggest draft day shuffle ever, Brian Burke acquired the 2nd overall pick from the Thrashers in exchange for the 1st overall- Patrick Stefan.

Jason Spezza- New York Islanders

Pick (2nd overall) traded to Senators with Zdeno Chara and Bill Muckalt for Alexei Yashin.

Rick Nash- Florida Panthers

The 1st overall pick was traded to the Blue Jackets for the 3rd overall pick (Jay Bouwmeester)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

That Brodeur-Kidd deal will always be looked back on and hated. I mean Kidd wasnt awful, he was the best goalie coming out of junior and if he didn't come in and play for a horrible mid to late 90s Flames team, things could be different. Not saying there would be 3 Stanley Cup's and multiple Vezina's, but Kidd would probably be thought of in different light.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

- Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers (pretty much traded for each other, and some extra stuff)

- Kobe Bryant (drafted by the Hornets; rights traded to Lakers for Vlade Divac)

- Scottie Pippen (drafted by the Sonics; traded to Bulls for Olden Polynice--for anyone who remembers that name)

That's all I got right now.

(BTW, this should probably go in SiG...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but here we go:

• 2007: NE gets Randy Moss from OAK for 4th rd
  • 2009: CHI gets Jay Cutler & 3rd from DEN for Kyle Orton, 1st/3rd in 2009, 1st in 2010
  • 1996: PIT gets Jerome Bettis & 3rd from LA/STL for a 2nd & 4th
  • 1999: STL gets Marshall Faulk from IND for a 2nd & a 5th
  • 2007: BOS gets Ray Allen & 2nd from SEA for 1st, Wally Sczerbiak & DeLonte West

Edit: I totally misread this. Here's some deals that make far more sense that haven't been mentioned:

• 1999: NO gets Ricky Williams for every Saints draft pick in the 1999, 2000, and 2001 drafts
  • 2001: ATL gets rights to Michael Vick from SD for 5th overall (Tomlinson), 3rd, and 2nd in 2002 draft
  • 2006: BOS gets Rajon Rondo from PHX for cash and a 2007 1st
  • 2006: POR gets LaMarcus Aldridge and a 2nd from CHI for Tyrus Thomas and Viktor Khyrapa (??!)
  • 1998: DAL gets Dirk Nowitski & Pat Garrity from MIL for Robert Traylor
  • 1996: MIN gets Stephon Marbury from MIL for Ray Allen

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

- Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers (pretty much traded for each other, and some extra stuff)

The Chargers got two first round picks in exchange for Manning. The other pick wound up being Shawne Merriman.

Tough to say who got the better end of that deal. All things being the same I would probably take Merriman and Rivers over Eli, but Eli's got two rings so pretty hard to argue the Giants got the raw end of that deal.

I think what sucks the most for the Chargers is that if they had decided to stick with Drew Brees as their QB and used that number one pick on Larry Fitzgerald, they may have gone on to become a dynasty.

Dumbest deal I can come up with in terms of trading a guy that was just drafted was the Celtics trading Ed Macauley to the St. Louis Hawks for the guy they just selected second overall. That guy was Bill Russell. Although I'd have to put the Dirk trade pretty high on the list as well. Although it may not have been so bad for the Bucks if Robert Traylor had actually kept in shape. But there were signs even in Michigan that he was getting by purely on his athletic ability and was never going to put in the work to turn him into the player people were projecting him as.

ah yes.

How many draft pick did the Leafs trade to Boston?

Boston got Toronto's:

2010 1st rounder- Tyler Seguin

2011 1st rounder- Douggie Hamilton

2010 2nd rounder- Jared Knight

Plus, Toronto traded 2005 1st rounder Tukka Rask to Boston before he ever hit the ice, so not a direct draft pick trade but in essence the same idea.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

ah yes.

How many draft pick did the Leafs trade to Boston?

Boston got Toronto's:

2010 1st rounder- Tyler Seguin

2011 1st rounder- Dougie Hamilton

2010 2nd rounder- Jared Knight

Plus, Toronto traded 2005 1st rounder Tukka Rask to Boston before he ever hit the ice, so not a direct draft pick trade but in essence the same idea.

:angered:

Makes me wonder what could've been had we kept those picks. At least the Leafs got a really good player (not like the McDonagh deal with MTL), but maybe without Kessel we could've stunk it up worse in 2011 and gotten RNH, heh heh.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Dirk Nowitzki for Tractor Traylor, 98 NBA Draft. Nelly and the Mavs knew a little something about this German kid and were hoping nobody else knew, the Bucks wanted Tractor and didn't know jack :censored: about Nowitzki. The fact that Dirk was never gonna be a Buck notwithstanding, in what is basically much of the story of the Bucks since the end of the 80s, it didn't work out that well. Mavs couldn't have been happier though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived