Manti T'eo & The Mystery of the Undead Girlfriend

CS85

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm going to call this before anyone else......

Manti is gay.

And so what, does it make him anymore different than if he wasn't? Yes he will get more press for coming out. But should it matter if he is? He'll still be the same player that plays football and enjoys his life just like everyone else. If he comes out and is gay I say good for him. Right now it's all speculation til he does.

Don't care if he is. It would just be sad if he covered it up. I feel he would lose more respect if he was hiding it. Then again, the scenario where he is gay is highly unlikely.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Manti is gay.

And so what, does it make him anymore different than if he wasn't? Yes he will get more press for coming out. But should it matter if he is? He'll still be the same player that plays football and enjoys his life just like everyone else. If he comes out and is gay I say good for him. Right now it's all speculation til he does.

Don't care if he is. It would just be sad if he covered it up. I feel he would lose more respect if he was hiding it. Then again, the scenario where he is gay is highly unlikely.

Are you kidding? It'd be a story of "Soceity forced Manti T'eo to lie about having a girlfriend just to cover up his sexuality". It'd make him into a LGBT superstar. I'd rather hold out until Aaron Rodgers finally comes out.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You realize how crazy this story is when the best explanation is an in-the-closet coverup. Because let's be honest, even in 2013 it's STILL believable for a mormon player like Te'o to have to restort to a story like that to stay closeted from society.

I hope that it's true, because he'd instantly have public support and vaulted to gay icon status as the first out active star pro-athlete. But the more this goes on the more I believe he's not. Which makes this story even more nutso.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I thought losing his cool and being like "Me? Gay? No, far from it! FAARRRR FROM IT! You're actually giving me a boner right now, Katie!" was kind of suspicious, especially since having an intimate emotional relationship with another man makes you closer to gay than "far from gay."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This remind me of the old girlfriend in Pennsylvania routine, very strange.

Maybe Mant Te'o is gay and was afraid some one at Notre Dame would find out and make his life miserable.

Its sad enough his grandma died but to make up a girlfriend strange.

Did he go to Walmart and pick a picture frame and whatever girl looked the best was the object of his fantasy.

Manti is gay.

I beat you by a week.

You know i think if he did come out and say he was scared of what people think he would get sympathy.

Personally this story has had more legs than it deserves one way or another I think he is a great player and will be a Brian Urlacher type in the NFL and if any team passes over him for this gay, dumb, or just a bit crazy who cares. Let his career speak for itself. Nobody was harmed, maybe Te'o is a victim, but he nearly won the Heisman so no harm no foul. The media helped play it up and an unlike Manti Te'o who had emotional reasons to believe it, they could have realized it was fake if they did just a little leg work.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8882384/dr-phil-interview-alleged-girlfriend-hoaxer

Don't worry guys, Dr.Phil is here to help us solve this mysterious conundrum.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You realize how crazy this story is when the best explanation is an in-the-closet coverup. Because let's be honest, even in 2013 it's STILL believable for a mormon player like Te'o to have to restort to a story like that to stay closeted from society.

I hope that it's true, because he'd instantly have public support and vaulted to gay icon status as the first out active star pro-athlete. But the more this goes on the more I believe he's not. Which makes this story even more nutso.

A Grantland reader raised an intriguing possibility along those lines (my emphasis added):

The only way I see Manti Te'o redeeming himself now is if he announces he's gay. It would be the fastest fall from grace and subsequent redemption in sports history, with two possible outcomes: He is gay and he becomes the gay Jackie Robinson. Or, he isn't gay and still becomes the gay Jackie Robinson, but is forced to live the rest of his life pretending to be gay in the worst lie gone wrong ever. Either way, I think there may be enough here for a "Fourth-and-God Part III" movie.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived