Manti T'eo & The Mystery of the Undead Girlfriend

CS85

Notre Dame's "official statement" is so :censored:ing laughable.

Oh yeah.

Notre Dame is claiming that T'eo was the victim of the hoax, except for the face that HE SAID THAT HE ACTUALLY MET HER IN HAWAII ON BREAK.

T'eo was fooled to some degree, but there's also a large amount that he was in on himself. There's no way.

I don't think he was fooled at all. I 100% believe he was in on this from the ground floor.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a school that successfully got most of the country to stop talking about the time a player raped a girl and threatened her into keeping quiet until she broke down and killed herself, they're really flailing when it comes to the damage control here.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Between this and the rape cover-up, Notre Dame football looks more desperate, sick and pathetic by the year.

Don't forget the guy who died when he was sent up a scissor lift to tape practice in a 60-mph windstorm that covered the entire WI/IL/IN/MI tetra-state area but was considered "unremarkable."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Between this and the rape cover-up, Notre Dame football looks more desperate, sick and pathetic by the year.

Don't forget the guy who died when he was sent up a scissor lift to tape practice in a 60-mph windstorm that covered the entire WI/IL/IN/MI tetra-state area but was considered "unremarkable."

No one has forgotten...you have personally seen to that. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

If he found it it was a hoax the 26th, why did he say this on January 3rd?

From January 3rd...

Q.

Manti, how have the football‑related commotion and excitement of the past year

helped you get through the turmoil you've faced with your grandmother and

girlfriend? And how have the quiet periods been for you, given you more

time to reflect? Is that a good thing or double edged?

MANTI TE'O: I think whenever you're in football, it takes your mind off a

lot of things. You know, this team is very special to me, and the guys on

it have always been there for me, through the good times and the bad

times. I rarely have a quiet time to myself because I always have

somebody calling me, asking, do you want to go to the movies. Coach is

always calling me asking me, "Are you okay? Do you need

anything?" I have three roommates, Zeke, Carlo and Robby Toma, who

are always yelling at each other, who's going to play Call of Duty. I'm

rarely by myself, and that's how I like it. I'm always around my guys,

always around my family.

This is just...so goddamned weird. Notre Dame can't just come out and wash their hands of it, they have to defend him. Who gives a crap? Just say you had nothing to do with it and walk away. Let T'eo fight his own battles.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is why he chose ND over BYU. You think a Mormon God would tell a Mormon to play for their enemies? LOL. The Mormon religion looks very down on Catholics. No, he could get away with more stuff at ND. This wouldn't fly at BYU.

This is just...so goddamned weird. Notre Dame can't just come out and wash their hands of it, they have to defend him. Who gives a crap? Just say you had nothing to do with it and walk away. Let T'eo fight his own battles.

Yeah. Teo is done and ND has no more use for him. If the school lies to protect him, that just does not make sense.

I just do not get this. The reason I kinda believe that Teo was a victim is because I cannot possibly imagine why he or ND would perpetuate such a hoax. It is incredibally high risk and low reward. I don't think the publicity of the "great" story was worth that much to his draft status, ND's recruiting, sympathetic poll voters (not needed anyway). The motive of playing a cruel trick on Teo, while sick, makes sense. I just cannot find the motive that Teo or ND would have.

On the other hand, his being a victim just does not quite add up. I guess if he's the type to fall in love quickly over the internet and he meets a girl once...If he is the victim, wow...I don't want to judge, but he may want to have more face time with future dating prospects.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived