Manti T'eo & The Mystery of the Undead Girlfriend

CS85

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_mgqsbjNnkC1rfimo0o1_500.jpg

$100 bucks says ESPN will sneak in a Tebow, LeBron or Red Sox reference to Manti.

If they don't, I'm sure someone will make it up.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I, for one, am going to miss the "Death stalks Manti Te'o" narrative. It adds flavor to the season and an element of risk to associate with him in any way.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So if Te'o was indeed dumb enough to fall for this completely....

*prepares email claiming that rams80 is a Nigerian Prince/banker/guy who purportedly has much untraceable money who needs to dump it in a hurry directly into Te'o's bank account.*

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

*prepares email claiming that rams80 is a Nigerian Prince/banker/guy who purportedly has much untraceable money who needs to dump it in a hurry directly into Te'o's bank account.*

Her family already asked for bank account numbers and routing information for her funeral in lieu of sending flowers.

Lennay_Kekua_1-450x450.png

Wonder if she works with Greg Jamison.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Swarbrick: "We were very conscious of the fact we didn't know what we didn't know. We realize the challenges of that"

Really channeling Gin Rummy here Jack....

(Boondocks; NSFW is obvious)

Today, we are all otaku.

How many more terrible and/or embarrassing things have to happen on Jack Swarbrick's watch before they fire him.

The only unforgivable sin would be for Notre Dame to join a Conference in football.

Today, we are all otaku.

I'm gonna play devils advocate here, but its possible he felt embarrassed about being in love online and told people he meet her. Then it spiraled out of control.

It's not likely and wouldn't absolve him of fault but might explain his actions.

Seems like he should have been on MTV's Catfish about a year ago...

What I took from that press conference was "there's a show called Catfish and they talk about it on Dr. Phil and these things happen all the time." Do I hear the hit single "Two Princes"? Because the spin doctors are in town!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There is NO way he didn't know what was going on. Unbelievable story.

Isn't there some sort of mental illness that makes people do this type of thing? I could swear I saw a non-sports story similar to this. Then again, maybe I'm making up the part about seeing it before.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived