Interest in Starting a Fantasy Football Concept League (IceHL Style)?

hersheyBears23

I have been a long time fan of both this sports community as well as the IceHL. I have made my own leagues since I was a kid, started a few with my friends in college and now I want to begin a football league on a similar site to the IceHL (http://www.icethetics.info/). The IceHL was born from a blog that was made to discuss the new wave of NHL uniforms that we have seen over the past few years. In contrast, this league would have to start from scratch. I am looking for a group of guys that would be interested in helping develop the league this offseason so we can start our inaugural season in the fall.

We would have to draft league rules and bylaws, give the league a name, logo and site and then we will open it up to the public to start voting on city locations, team names and logo and uniforms contests.

So please respond if you'd like to be an original board member to help set up the league or even if you don't, would like to become one of our original team owners and designers.

Let's get it started!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always been a fan of the IceHL idea, and if we could generate some interest I would love to be a founding member/league organizer. Hopefully a team owner as well. Would this be a large 32-team league, a la IceHL, separated for fantasy purposes into smaller divisions? Because that would be cool.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Yes sir that's the plan. We would decide on an alignment (conference and division) and number of teams. I'd want 30 or 32 teams for sure.

Sounds cool. Would be excited to be a part of the project, although I'm not much of a designer I am an experienced fake-league creator like yourself.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Alright guys looks like we have about 8 or 9 guys to get the League started. I love the IceHL and how it makes fantasy hockey a lot more involved for its owners. While we have to definitely build up to it, we can look at what they do and then make it our own. I think the first few orders of business should be. 1) Name the League 2) fantasy rules (what site we'd want to run it off of ESPN, YAHOO, NFL, etc) 3.) game plan (i have an idea) of how we want to get city locations, then nicknames for the cities and then identity packages for the teams league alignment. 4.) Once we have that taken care of we can look into make the city with our league name logo etc.

SO...We need nominations for the name for the League. I say we set a deadline of FRIDAY, JANUARY 25 for nominations. We will then set up a poll and vote on them! If you could develop a logo for your idea it may help. Get to it! Good to have you all on board

Archived