Interest in Starting a Fantasy Football Concept League (IceHL Style)?

hersheyBears23

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about an NBA or MLB style logo with a quarterback silhouette?

Can we suggest team names now?

I would suggest we wait until the OP comes up with possible alignments, then we vote on the cities for each "region" then think of team names from there.

I also suggest that we try to avoid cities that already have an NFL team and also avoid using names that've been already affiliated with a team

That's basically the same process that IceHL did, which I think is an outstanding method to use, instead of just blurting out random cities and names.

If we want to do this thing "seriously" then we gotta take the progress somewhat slowish to ensure our full creative side comes out.

Just my quick .02 cent.

Guest darkpiranha

I'd shorten it to GridFL. Easier to say. Three syllables like NFL. Call it the Gridiron Football League, but GridFL for short.

And not that it means anything, but I'm the one who came up with IceHL as the name of that league and was excited to have a tiny acknowledgement in the yearbook. That was my only contribution to the league, as the great designs coming in were way too intimidating for a neophyte like me.

Question: Will we be picking cities and then proposing names, or are the teams going to be named before the "players" (us) are assigned? Will there be a team "draft" wherein we get to pick the team we want in random order? Will we be doing concepts for our own teams? Will each team be designed by everyone, followed by votes?

I'm just confused on how this all works and how this will all go down. Can you give me a quick rundown of the plan and the workings?

Archived