LA Kings NBC logo graphic

JayMac

Since I'm subjected to watch the Kings Stanley Cup ceremony before watching the Flyers...my question is how many cups do the Kings need to win before NBC updates the logo?The champions of your money-making league is outdated! They still have the crown logo and I'm pretty sure they still have purple sprinkled in there too.

This always seems to be a problem with TV networks and logo changes.

What's the over/under on the Astros logo update. I think we'll see the Western star well after the All-Star break.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Purple is still a team color according to the official style sheet. They use purple so there's some color and not just black on a mostly black/grey scorebug. Your issue is with the Kings, not NBC.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

if you look closer, it IS the new logo... it's just the very very bottom pointy part with the crown, zoomed in.

then the purple background is everywhere too... i'm assuming that's just because black is boring. even the black power ranger used to teleport into a purple haze :P

They're using purple because it's contrasting/secondary color and it looks good. If you notice the Blackhawks are red fading to black, and I bet all the franchises are color fading to black. Grey or white fading to black would look bad, so therefore they are using purple which is still a team color. No big deal. And to explain to admiral, which I realize he'll never understand, the purple is still a team color because they want to honor and embrace their past players and fans, and there are a lot of fans who still embrace the purple and gold.

They're using purple because it's contrasting/secondary color and it looks good. If you notice the Blackhawks are red fading to black, and I bet all the franchises are color fading to black. Grey or white fading to black would look bad, so therefore they are using purple which is still a team color. No big deal. And to explain to admiral, which I realize he'll never understand, the purple is still a team color because they want to honor and embrace their past players and fans, and there are a lot of fans who still embrace the purple and gold.

To add onto this, black doesn't really go too well with NBC's graphics package, which is why you see secondary colors being used for black teams in the NHL and NFL. If they have to use black (like DC United or for colleges) they try to make it a really dark grey and it doesn't work too well on the scorebug and whatnot

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

^lol wut

Yeah the purple thing is a bit weird to me. Is it an official team colour or not? Apparently it is, but then why is it not in any of the uniforms or logos?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

^lol wut

Yeah the purple thing is a bit weird to me. Is it an official team colour or not? Apparently it is, but then why is it not in any of the uniforms or logos?

It is. Their alternate jersey is their former home jersey -- purple shoulders and arm stripes.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I wish they still wore the purple full time though.

I wish they still wore the purple full time though.

Me too.

Archived