NHL by JCRGraphix

JCRGraphix

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, I* have to thank everybody again for all the awesome feedback!

These are all great! Loving them, curious would you consider the Kings grey jersey a home or road jersey?

The cool thing about the silver jersey is that depending on the team they're playing, it could be home or away. Minnesota Wild are next. As soon as I get my kids down to bed, I'll finish them.

Up next are the Minnesota Wild. They have three good uniforms on their own, but none of them match at all, and as you can see they don't have a singular "look".

Wild08.png
That being said, I took bits of their uniforms and combined them for one single look. They have a good color scheme that really works well for a retro-ish look.

wild_zps8346a16e.png

I've really loved your concepts so far, because they're outside the box, but not crazy.

But I think you've missed with the Wild. Oversimplifying the wrong pieces and not simplifying the ones that need to go.

The phantom yoke needs to go, it's terrible with the contrasting sleeves, always has been. The sleeve numbers look great with the outline, they lose something without it. And going with red over green for the whites? Just seems wrong with a team named "The Wild".

Still thinking the logos on St. Louis need to be yellow, not white.

Otherwise, these are fantastic. Love LA, love Vancouver. Keep it up!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Up next are the Philadelphia Flyers. In my opinion, they had one of the most classic looks in hockey until the Reebok Edge redesigns. I used the pre-edge design with a few small changes including the contrasting nameplates and changing the orange sleeve stripe to black on the home jersey. Also, the socks are a bit different. I also created a third jersey based on the Philadelphia Quakers. Here are pictures of the pre-edge jerseys and Quakers sweaters.

hextall2.jpgvanbiesbrouck.jpgQuakersJersey.png

flyers_zpsa7478f2c.png

Kings look great man, that silver alt is sick!!!

I LOVE THE CANUCKS!!! That is like my favorite color scheme. They look great!!

Flames look fantastic as well, only thing I would change is add a yellow collar to the aways, other than that perfect.

Thank you for giving the Wild some consistency, these are really well done.

Flyers are solid, nothing to crazy, LOVE the third!!

Also not a huge deal but the NHL requires white helmets with aways. Like I said not a big deal, but it might kinda change the looks of some of these.

Up next are probably the most fun ones I've done so far, the Detroit Red Wings. The home and away jerseys are pretty much the same except for the addition of laces and the hem stripe on the home one reverting back to their pre-1986 look. The third jersey reintroduces gold into their color palette for the first time since they were the Detroit Falcons in 1932. The design is based on the Falcons' sweaters, but with some of the stripes removed for a more modern look. Here are the pre-1986 sweaters and the Falcons Sweaters

AlexConnellFalcons.pngchampoux.jpgcrozier.jpg

redwings_zps2269e8e9.png

Also, for fun, I did up some Red Wing jerseys if the Red Wings played in a European league.

hcdetroit_zps18b8c418.png

Kings look great man, that silver alt is sick!!!

I LOVE THE CANUCKS!!! That is like my favorite color scheme. They look great!!

Flames look fantastic as well, only thing I would change is add a yellow collar to the aways, other than that perfect.

Thank you for giving the Wild some consistency, these are really well done.

Flyers are solid, nothing to crazy, LOVE the third!!

Also not a huge deal but the NHL requires white helmets with aways. Like I said not a big deal, but it might kinda change the looks of some of these.

For these concepts, I'm ignoring the helmet rule, because I just think it would open up some interesting design options. I really appreciate the feedback though!

Next up are the Colorado Avalanche. For their design, I looked back to the early days of the franchise when they were the Quebec Nordiques of the WHA. The design is based on these jerseys.

aubry.jpgNordiques1.pngNordiques2.png

I also added the NHL Colorado Rockies (1976-1982) logo as a shoulder logo to represent the history of NHL hockey in Denver.

avalanche_zps6a43c1a0.png

I actually really like all of these. Fits are exceptionally great. Avs are good too. Get rid of yellow for the Red Wings alt and it'll perfect. Seeing that European mock Red Wings jersey makes me so glad companies haven't slapped their ugly logos on our uniforms.

No worries about the helmets man, just making sure you knew. You are right though it does open up some different looks.

Anyway on to my Wings.... I really like the addition of the hem stripe, it adds just a little bit of flair. I dont really mind the yellow if it were only used for the winter classic (that we got screwed out of this year) or a throwback against an or. The only other thing is that I am kinda missing the old English "D". Maybe keep the alt but add a large red mid stripe and put the "D" on it? I dont know lol.

I really like the Av's jerseys but not a big fan of the color change. They look like the Rangers now. I would try it in Av's colors or if you want to go more Quebecish, then bring back the baby blue. Although I think they are better suited in their original colors.

The past week has been just crazy at work, so I haven't been able to do anything new until tonight. So, up next are the Tampa Bay Lightning. I think they made a huge mistake when they took away most of the black form their uniform. For this design, I recolored their alternate logo, and used it as the primary. Also, the design itself is just a fairly modern one that IMHO fits their color scheme well. The third jersey is pretty much self explanatory.

lightning_zps062c1f76.png

The lightning might be my favorites so far. I totally agree that they should have never "red-winged" there unis haha. Black and blue is a very under utilized color scheme. Love the modern stripes. Not sure how I feel about the logo, mainly because I am kinda sick of every NHL team having a crest logo haha. Although I dont know other logo I would prefer.

Totally out of the box, great to see someone whos trying striping in a non traditional way.

I'd say the black parts to not show very well on the blue uni. Little white outines around?

The third TB is not my favorite but those concepts are really great.

Up next are the untouchable Montreal Canadiens. This design is killing two birds with one stone. It is next in my series, and it's my entry for the Montreal Canadiens rebrand competition over on HJC. The rules over there are that you can not use a previous design or even recolor a previous design, so here's mine. I gave them a retro stripey look. The patches on the shoulders are the Quebec flag and the Montreal coat of arms. C/C?

canadiens_zps45db8959.png

Archived