American Football League, Milwaukee 1965

illwauk

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a great start overall, and I would love to see what the full concept looks like. Would love to see a secondary with a German-style eagle. I'm thinking that the two colours you're using are a bit too similar. If you want to keep with them, I'd suggest making the M white.

It's a great start overall, and I would love to see what the full concept looks like. Would love to see a secondary with a German-style eagle. I'm thinking that the two colours you're using are a bit too similar. If you want to keep with them, I'd suggest making the M white.

Without giving too much away, I'll just say I'm planning to do multiple eras with this uniform and leave it at that. :D

I live about an hour away from Milwaukee. The two aspects that scream Milwaukee is Beer and Blue Collar. I have never lived there, but My brother goes to school there and have been their countless times. Saying that, The Barons I like the most, and at the same time, MLB Brewers did not come until 1970 so the name would have been available. Brewers for football would have been weird, but something that would relate to the Beer industry would probably be the best route as that is what Milwaukee is most know for especially at the time.

Brown and tan? I like it. Like Whittier said, though, be sure to add some white in there.

That's actually supposed to be an "old gold" similar to what the Saints were using in the 60s.

• 4 weeks later...

I live about an hour away from Milwaukee. The two aspects that scream Milwaukee is Beer and Blue Collar. I have never lived there, but My brother goes to school there and have been their countless times. Saying that, The Barons I like the most, and at the same time, MLB Brewers did not come until 1970 so the name would have been available. Brewers for football would have been weird, but something that would relate to the Beer industry would probably be the best route as that is what Milwaukee is most know for especially at the time.

Do you mean now, or in 1965?

Milwaukee's teams in the NFL were the Milwaukee Badgers and, for one season, the Milwaukee Nighthawks.

What about the Nighthawks?

http://www.profootba...r/14-05-483.pdf

Wow, awesome find! Had I known about the Nighthawks I probably would've made that name part of my poll.

Had Robins been an option, I might've voted for it just to see where you'd take it, seeing as I thought it made a great football name...granted, a great Aussie football name, but still football :D

Had Robins been an option, I might've voted for it just to see where you'd take it, seeing as I thought it made a great football name...granted, a great Aussie football name, but still football :D

The only reason I didn't use Robins is because that's my go-to name for an alternate universe Milwaukee baseball team (if I ever do such a project)... the reasons for that should be fairly obvious. B)

Sorry bro, I abhor the modern club scene way too much to call a team the Milwaukee Moli. :D

*For those who are wondering, I'm planning to pick this back up after the semester.

• 1 month later...

What about something referencing hometown hero Billy Mitchell?

Milwaukee Generals

Milwaukee Bombers

Milwaukee Flyers

Of course, my favorite old-timey name for a Milwaukee team is borrowed from Blitz: The League, the Milwaukee Bottlers. Not that I'm suggesting this would go over well in the AFL of the 60's, but it's a cool retro-sounding name nonetheless.

Also in reference to Billy Mitchell you can't forget Lance Sijan in the Air Force world.

Archived