American Football League, Milwaukee 1965

illwauk

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this thread dead?

Not quite... a lot of stuff happened in my personal life right after I started this (death in the family, school work, etc.) so I put it on the back-burner until July/August (the start of pre-season).

Milwaukee's teams in the NFL were the Milwaukee Badgers and, for one season, the Milwaukee Nighthawks.

What about the Nighthawks?

http://www.profootballresearchers.org/coffin_corner/14-05-483.pdf

That team was actually named the "Badgers", after the prior NFL team.

"Nighthawks" was an unofficial nickname referencing the fact that they played all their games in the evening, which was unusual then. It was the only time they could rent the ballpark, not to mention the only time they could schedule games against NFL teams on their way to or back from Green Bay.

• 3 months later...

Being from the Green Bay area I am really interested in this, I know Wisconsin doesnt have a HUGE population and basically everyone in this state loves the Packers, but they said everyone in Texas loved the Cowboys. I would love to see a team actually come to Milwaukee, this is a very great idea. Great rivals could have happened, thank you for finding this

• 3 months later...

Archived