Super Bowl XLVII

rainmaker17

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...why did we get Bizarro Jerome Boger instead of actual Jerome Boger reffing this game?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This seals Flacco's wishes to be an elite QB

Oh how I hate the ESPN Generation.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As a Ravens fan, I truly have to give a lot of credit to the San Francisco 49ers. They played an awesome game of football and came with a mindset to never give up in the bleak moments. They may have lost tonight, but they will be back very soon with the talent that they possess. I'm happy that we got the win, but the 49ers gave us a fight.

If Joe Flacco is an "elite quarterback", then so was Mark Rypien and Brad Johnson.

Joe Flacco's playoff numbers are way better than what Rypien and Johnson had. If you look at his playoffs numbers as a whole, he stacks up well with you boy Joe Montana.

mcbqza.jpg

Second ESPNjacking of the day!

First, the font w/ CBS and now this. . . .Boy I tell ya.

I think I may have started the recent string of ESPN hating around here. But I'm trying not to hate them so much.

If Joe Flacco is an "elite quarterback", then so was Mark Rypien and Brad Johnson.

Joe Flacco's playoff numbers are way better than what Rypien and Johnson had. If you look at his playoffs numbers as a whole, he stacks up well with you boy Joe Montana.

Flacco didn't get a first round bye like Rypien or Johnson, so of course he had bigger numbers. Derp.

6uXNWAo.png

In what way? Raw statistics or wins/losses?

Today, we are all otaku.

Second ESPNjacking of the day! But seriously when he wins two more then we'll talk. Besides he has a good defense.

I disagree entirely. The Ravens would not have won without Flacco. He's earned the elite title. He had a great game tonight. Very deserving of the MVP.

It was so much fun watching a Super Bowl without a vested interest in either team. I was rooting for a good game and we got one.

Congrats to the Raven fans! And don't hang your heads too much 49er fans. They are very good and your championship window is just opening.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Why does one Super Bowl win automatically qualify as elite now?

No. Until he becomes "Regular season MVP caliber", guys like Flacco and Eli are NOT elite.

For me, I'd only agree with that if those players only had a good/great Super Bowl, but Flacco and Eli each had a great postseasons. I don't see how you don't consider them elite.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived