Super Bowl XLVII

rainmaker17

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QQ: When was the last time we had two "Prefect in the Super Bowl" teams meet in the big game, if ever? (SF 5-0, BAL 1-0)

This is the first time for teams that have both played in the Super Bowl before.

Currently, only the 49ers, Ravens, Jets, Bucs, and Saints are undefeated in the Super Bowl.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I just hope the game dosent end up being boring or a blowout. Or a boring blowout.

And I didn't know where to post this but here's some useless Super Bowl facts.

1.The Ravens made the Super Bowl twice in Nike made jerseys and none in Reebok.

2. A Super Bowl III re-match will never happen again.

Never say never. There's always a rare but not impossible conference change.

Unless it's never b/c it involved the Jets. Then we know that's true since they'll never, ever be back.

The closest thing we got to a SB III re-match for the foreseeable future was that AFC championship game a couple years ago. And another thing that wont happen in the NFL.... the Browns beating the Chiefs in wild card, the Bills in the divisional, and then the Raiders in the Conference to end up facing the Lions in the Super Bowl. :D

Of course, you just knew we couldn't go the whole two weeks without hearing from the Ravens' most famous fan.

As for my own take: The lower the score at halftime, the more it favors the 49ers. That means both defenses are getting it done, and the game could come down to one offense scoring where the other one can't. My money would be on Kaepernick there.

On the other hand, if it's already become a track meet by the time Beyonce hits the stage, then it's the same question but for the defenses: Which one can stop the opposing offense even once when the other doesn't? For me, that's the Ravens.

If the combined halftime score is between 20-30 points (and not too one-sided), it's still anyone's game. If it's under 20, 49ers fans should like their chances a lot. Over 30, Ravens fans like Phelps should like theirs.

CCSLC signature.png

I like the new CBS graphics package for the Super Bowl, it is sexy.

Where are you seeing it?

Once in a while you'll see those "Super Bowl Today Updates" and there's a little teaser of it.

14 minutes until CBS begins their pregame coverage in earnest so I guess you'll see it even more by then!

I got screenshots.

Super Bowl XLVII Prediction

San Francisco 49ers - 21

Baltimore Ravens - 20

Really, this game could go either way. Perhaps the must difficult Super Bowl pick I've ever had to make. And I'm picking this score simply because I have SF-1 and BAL-0 in my big-dollar pool. :D

6uXNWAo.png

I'm really tempted to switch my prediction, but my gut says leave it alone. So I'm posting this just to say that I'm sticking with my original prediction of...

Ravens 17

49ers 14

but I came this close to going with this one...

49ers 38

Ravens 10

I just wanted a record of my waffling so that when the prediction I wanted to switch to happens, I can cite proof when I say "I almost changed my pick because I had a feeling...blah blah blah." B)

BB52Big.jpg

Anyone having weird sound issues with the game? I'm using a soundbar from my team, and all of the CBS voiceover sounds like it's programmed for the surround sound. It's funky.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived