2013 Pro Bowl Uniforms

Pizzaman7294

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should move the Senior Bowl to Hawai'i and call it the Pro Bowl.

Speaking of games that top players skip if they can get away with it.

Pro Bowl/MLB/NHL had great concepts with players having to wear different numbers...I know I'm an outlier but I'd tune in just to see Pippen in 30. Now, all three have done away with it.

I wonder what a rookies vs seniors game would be like.

If I was a senior who was comfortable with his draft status, I'd never risk playing a real game against NFL players (even if they're rookies) and risk either looking bad or getting hurt. On the other side, even if I was marginally OK with where I projected in the draft, there's still more to lose by participating than there is to gain. You either get beaten up by guys you'll be competing against next year (and they're only the rookies!) or you beat up guys that you're supposed to beat up.

The idea is OK, the practicality just isn't there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wonder what a rookies vs seniors game would be like.

If I was a senior who was comfortable with his draft status, I'd never risk playing a real game against NFL players (even if they're rookies) and risk either looking bad or getting hurt. On the other side, even if I was marginally OK with where I projected in the draft, there's still more to lose by participating than there is to gain. You either get beaten up by guys you'll be competing against next year (and they're only the rookies!) or you beat up guys that you're supposed to beat up.

The idea is OK, the practicality just isn't there.

Good point. A lot of them wont even practice in front of scouts unless they are in their comfort zone.

Part of the problem with the Pro Bowl is a lack of any real "prize" for the winners. You get artificially bloated rosters with a star quarterback only playing for maybe a quarter until he gets replaced by another star quarterback from the bench.

Radical thought - create a mini-playoff for the Pro Bowl?

The AFC East/West versus AFC North/South. Winner meets the NFC winner.

The dual-divisional team that wins the Pro Bowl (NFC East/West, for example), get some tactical advantage next season. Maybe those 8 teams win tiebreakers in draft order. Or maybe they can play with salary caps. Whatever.

Just make it mean something and fans will care about it.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I have a feeling teams will be wearing their regualr home and road uniforms, similar to the MLB All Star Game.

The problem is at least in the MLB game all the teams uniforms are either grey or white

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

http://nikeinc.com/n...n#/inline/16994

Nike-Football-Pro-Bowl-Uniform-AFC_large.jpg

Nike-Football-Pro-Bowl-Uniform-NFC_large.jpg

Today the NFL and Nike unveiled the new retro-modern 2013 Pro Bowl uniform design just ahead of Sunday’s match-up in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Both the AFC and NFC looks feature a clean, simple, distinctly American design inspired by the Pro Bowl uniforms of the 1970s, combined with the highly innovative Nike Elite 51 uniform chassis built for speed. The combination of modern innovation and traditional design speaks to the Pro Bowl’s rich history while providing a distinct tribute to the red, white and blue.

I really think these are bad. I know they're going for a vintage, throwback look, but it's just not appealing like most well-done throwback designs are. It literally is as plain as you can make it, minus taking the color trim off of the numbers, which I would actually argue would be an improvement.

Nike and the NFL had a chance here to really showcase the future potential of uniforms and draw people into watching the game and exciting the players to actually PLAY in the game by making a yearly Pro Bowl-exclusive uniform that really pushes the envelope, helmets and all. They're looking for ways to spark interest in the Pro Bowl from fans & players alike, and doing that would've successfully done that.

To add insult to injury, the NFL-style socks with the red AFC pants are a complete failure. A white jersey with solid red pants calls for a predominantly white sock with a strip in the middle, not top, of the design, ala the Kansas City Chiefs. Here, it just makes the pants look longer and disproportionate on the players bodies - as if they run from waist to mid-calf.

I am praying for the day to come when the NFL gets over their fetish for the two-tone, color-over-white sock. The players hate them, the fans hate them, and like all uniform trends ultimately do, they need to be retired. The game would look better without them.

Today the NFL and Nike unveiled the new retro-modern 2013 Pro Bowl uniform design just ahead of Sunday’s match-up in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Both the AFC and NFC looks feature a clean, simple, distinctly American design inspired by the Pro Bowl uniforms of the 1970s, combined with the highly innovative Nike Elite 51 uniform chassis built for speed. The combination of modern innovation and traditional design speaks to the Pro Bowl’s rich history while providing a distinct tribute to the red, white and blue.

Any idea what (if any) kind of pants stripe we're dealing with?

I really think these are bad. I know they're going for a vintage, throwback look, but it's just not appealing like most well-done throwback designs are. It literally is as plain as you can make it, minus taking the color trim off of the numbers, which I would actually argue would be an improvement.

Nike and the NFL had a chance here to really showcase the future potential of uniforms and draw people into watching the game and exciting the players to actually PLAY in the game by making a yearly Pro Bowl-exclusive uniform that really pushes the envelope, helmets and all. They're looking for ways to spark interest in the Pro Bowl from fans & players alike, and doing that would've successfully done that.

To add insult to injury, the NFL-style socks with the red AFC pants are a complete failure. A white jersey with solid red pants calls for a predominantly white sock with a strip in the middle, not top, of the design, ala the Kansas City Chiefs. Here, it just makes the pants look longer and disproportionate on the players bodies - as if they run from waist to mid-calf.

I am praying for the day to come when the NFL gets over their fetish for the two-tone, color-over-white sock. The players hate them, the fans hate them, and like all uniform trends ultimately do, they need to be retired. The game would look better without them.

I agree with you 100% about the NFL's current fad of pairing dark pants with the same color dark socks. It looks completely stupid absolutely every time. But I'm not sure where you're getting your information about how "the payers hate them and the fans hate them". In fact, I'd say the classic look of a dark topped sock with a white or light color pants pretty much says "NFL" and I'd bet a lot of fans (of which I'm one) hope it never goes away. And I've never heard a player really discuss it much one way or rthe other.

Also, I'd say its a little silly to call the light pants / dark socks look a "trend", since its going on more than 50 years or so at this point.

I kinda like them, a lot. The simplicity is nice, especially after recent years with the massive amount of :censored: that Rebok has been trying to cram together.

I gotta say, with all the Pro Combat uniforms we saw in college the last few years, its nice to see Nike take the league over and actually keep the historic designs together. These Pro Bowl uniforms are keep with the same idea.

That being said, I thought for sure the Pro Bowl was going to be the setting that Nike just bombarded everyone with color changing numbers (Oregon), sublimated patterns, and all kinds of other crap.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I agree with you 100% about the NFL's current fad of pairing dark pants with the same color dark socks. It looks completely stupid absolutely every time. But I'm not sure where you're getting your information about how "the payers hate them and the fans hate them". In fact, I'd say the classic look of a dark topped sock with a white or light color pants pretty much says "NFL" and I'd bet a lot of fans (of which I'm one) hope it never goes away. And I've never heard a player really discuss it much one way or rthe other.

Also, I'd say its a little silly to call the light pants / dark socks look a "trend", since its going on more than 50 years or so at this point.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about the players hating them, aside from the fact that some don't want to wear them because the trend is to wear multiple pairs of plain socks coming to various heights on the legs, or even just ankle-length compression pants under their football pants. So basically, the players are too-cool-for-school and don't want to wear the uniform. Tough :censored:. The NFL shouldn't go along with this any more than they should let the players wear jeans shorts in lieu of game pants.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Any idea what (if any) kind of pants stripe we're dealing with?

I was just watching PTI and saw the AFC pants had a solid thick white stripe down the red pants. So I am guessing the NFC will be following the same suit.

Archived