29's NHL concepts - NASHVILLE ADDED

TorinK29

OK, I've decided not to continue officially my redesign, instead I'll just post concepts of random teams here. I will try, however, to do the 12 teams that were left in my redesign. Here's concept #1 of the new topic.

Ottawa Senators:

This is actually the first [completed] concept of my hometown and favourite team. I decided to leave out white on the home jersey and leave the sleeves black on the away, due to my love of the original jerseys. I added in a lighter shade of gold than they used in the 90's, albeit significantly darker than what they use now. I also altered the O logo to include gold, C&C?

Ottawasens%231.png

Edit 1: Lightened gold, made gold base colour on black surfaces for numbers. I couldn't find a shade of red that I liked otherwise though.

Edit 2: Used the red on the current alternate, I tried the IRL home and road's red, but the concept hurt my eyes.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea, but the home uniform just seems too dark overall. It needs either a lighter red or gold (probably both) for the numbers to be visible, and I would consider going gold-on-red for them also.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Pittsburgh Penguins:

This is a concept that has been hanging around in my head, and my concepts folder on my computer, for a while. But I wasn't able to figure out how to do the TV numbers on the template until now.

So, it's a pretty basic concept, the striping on the home and road are based on the current sock striping, and of course the alternate is based off of the Lemieux-era yellows. In my head, these are to be worn every Sunday game, home or road, where it can, which would total 6 games (out of 8 Sunday games excluding the sens and Flyers due to the jersey colour they'll be wearing on those days) and includes the game already played against the Rangers.

C&C?

Pittsburghpens%231.png

Edit 1: Made collars black on home and road and added a base-colour outline between the number and the outline on the home and road

Concept #3:

Anaheim Ducks:

I actually had this concept on the old template in my redesign, but got minimal C&C and ended up shelving it. I'm bringing it out again now. And no, I haven't changed my number again, I just completely screwed over the template that I was editing to make the arm stripes so that I didn't leave enough room for two numbers, I'll get that fixed, but I didn't want to redo my entire concept when I found that out.

Anaheimducks%231.png

Edit 1: Replaced silver D with orange D on home

Sens and Pens are flawless!!! Dont change a thing!!!!

I tell exactly what the new Ducks colors are. It looks like black/orange/super dark aqua? Anyway I like the jerseys themselves but I would light up the blue/aqua color you have now, I just think it would add more contrast and make it pop a bit more.

I love each one so far. I noticed on the back of the black Pens jersey the collar is white and gold. I think the home and away jerseys would look better if you did a two-color or all-black collar on both. And maybe switch the white and gold on the home stripes just to see how it looks. But even as it is, it is far ahead of anything they've worn in the past 12 years IMO. The only thing I'd say needs done, is to put a black outline around the white of the numbers on the home and on the outside of the numbers on the white. The gold bleeds into the white too much.

Fine work all around, man. Sharks and Sens are perfect.

oBIgzrL.png

Alright, Concept #4:

Check out the recoloured logo for the ducks, and tell me if you think it's better for the home.

Calgary Flames:

I'll let this speak for itself, since I wasn't really going for anything, and I didn't realize I was doing #29 until I was done, a bit of zoning out there.

Calgaryflames%231.png

Alright, Concept #4:

Check out the recoloured logo for the ducks, and tell me if you think it's better for the home.

Calgary Flames:

I'll let this speak for itself, since I wasn't really going for anything, and I didn't realize I was doing #29 until I was done, a bit of zoning out there.

Calgaryflames%231.png

Love it.

But no 3rd?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I think I'll make thirds separate for the most part, since this isn't a redesign. I like the image size with just two jerseys as well.

I think a team called the Flames should capitalize on the name in some subtle way. It's not so much being a red, yellow, black, and white team with stripes and presto. I really do think a new direction can and should be taken with this identity that also pays some respect to the past.

Your Ducks set on the othet hand is on the right track. While others usually try to revive the old Mighty Ducks set or clean up the new ones you do the right thing by bringing in the dark jade that compliments the orange and black well. Use the orange webfoot D on the home as well, curve out your stripes to something less chevrony, and you're on to something

Midway.png

I like the white "D" on the ducks home. Just think it stands out more than the orange will.

I really like the flames set. Its a great way to go back to a more "classic" look and not just use exactly what they had 20 years ago. I think I would like to see a mock up with red pants, but they still look great man. Good job.

Archived