TorinK29

29's NHL concepts - NASHVILLE ADDED

Alright, popular concept time:

I wanted to do something different for the Blackhawks, while keeping it traditional. So I went to their original black and white jerseys. I would like the idea of seeing a black and white team in the NHL someday. I modified the yoke a little and updated the old black and white logo.

I slightly altered the current home jersey and made it the alternate. I added vintage white because of all the original six jerseys, I think that the Hawks jersey looks best when it's all aged.

ChicagoHawks%231.png

That black jersey would work as an alternate, but I don't think the home and aways should ever be changed.

The home should never be changed, the away is vastly overrated in my books. I like that you brought back the Black and White look. That was a really distinctive identity but I have to agree with jncox that it should be restricted to an alternate. The Hawks red jersey is just to good to only be worn 8 to 12 times a year.

I knew that the Blackhawks would be met with some criticism about changing the home and road set, let me explain:

I really do like the Hawks set as much as many of you do, however this is a re-design; and I would like to do more than tweak the existing jerseys on classic uniforms. Unless I can't think of anything that would look as good/better (Toronto, Detroit.) That wasn't a change that I'd do if I someday found myself in charge of the Blackhawks, but rather just an idea. I might go back and revisit the hawks later and keep the current identity in the home and road.

Ok, Now to follow up on KCScout's request of a Scouts/Rockies/Devils mashup.

Right now I just have the logos, because these are my first time creating/altering a logo, so I can get some C&C on them before continuing.

I based the team in Kansas City, but I don't have a team name yet. The primary is a lower case K with a c in it, a modified rockies logo.

The secondary is a upper case K with a C sort of detached. I'm considering adding a Missouri outline on it, thoughts?

Kansas+City.jpg

There isn't a lot (any) devils influences in the logos right now, I'll try to fix that with the jerseys.

Oh right...

That went right over my head

Ok, I have the jerseys set up for KC, they should be up soon.

In the meantime, here's Nashville:

I had this design stuck in my head for a while, Nashville's a new team, so they should have a modern look. I added the checkerboard pattern at the end of the arms.

The alternate is more traditional, also with the checkerboard pattern.

nashville.png

C&C?

All the jerseys look great. I especially like the unique sleeve pattern on the Home and Away as well as the sublimated checkerboard pattern. My only gripe would be the colour of the Home jersey. The Predators should wear yellow most of the time in my opinion. If you reversed the primary colours of the third and the home it's be perfect. Great work though!

All the jerseys look great. I especially like the unique sleeve pattern on the Home and Away as well as the sublimated checkerboard pattern. My only gripe would be the colour of the Home jersey. The Predators should wear yellow most of the time in my opinion. If you reversed the primary colours of the third and the home it's be perfect. Great work though!

+1. Nashville will always be a yellow team in my mind.

Long time without touching this topic. Back with an update.

Nashville 2.0:

Nashville+Predators.png

Switched the colours around on the home and alternate

Well, back on the concept train I guess...

Here's my prediction of the new Buffalo alternate based on what we've seen so far.

buffalor+predictions.png

I never said I had to make it look good :rolleyes: