Canadian Rugby Premiership

nas1787

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the offer of help guys. I think I will do a US league. I'll start a thread within the next few days.

Here's the CRP's last club, Winnipeg Bisons RFC. Now it was only after finishing the concept that I realized the University of Manitoba are the Bisons, so this likely wouldn't fly. But I think this is one of my best concepts, so I'm keeping it. I think if I decide to tweak some of these, maybe I would switch Saskatchewan to the Bisons and use the same concept (just with a green and gold colour scheme) and have Winnipeg become the Prairie Dogs. But I'm open to suggestions.

The concept here is pretty self-explanatory. I think the look is quite unique considering no other team uses either orange or purple. Hope you like it.

ihzz68Q.jpg

That's it for now. Thanks for following along. If anyone has suggestions for changes, please let me know. I'll likely make some tweaks. And stay tuned for an American rugby follow-up.

First I'd like to say, all of your concepts are great and I am looking forward to the US league. Also - if you are looking to change the Winnipeg nickname, it should be noted Winnipeg has a long and storied railroad history.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks everyone. Here are the changes I would like to make to finish this off.

1. Change the name of the Mounties. I want a name that allows me to keep the concept intact. I'm thinking something along the lines of Calgary Force. Any other ideas that say Mounties without actually saying Mounties?

2. Change the name of PNWRFC. I think I'll go with Pacific Coast RFC, allowing very minimal changes.

3. Changing Bisons name. Suggestions have included rebranding as Thunder, Thunderers, or something to do with the railroad. Another idea was to simply change the name to Giants but keep the bison logo.

Suggestions for these or other changes people would like to see would be appreciated. I want it to be perfect before moving on.

davidson - I'll agree with you that hoops are what say rugby. But I don't think what nas has done is a bad thing. In fact, I think rugby needs to expand their thinking when it comes to uniforms. I put together some concepts using the Barbarian shirt builder some time ago. With no real thought to what I was doing I built the jerseys, but once they were all done, there was a distinct lean towards hoops and it was not a pretty sight.

nas - I am involved in starting rugby league here in British Columbia. As part of my involvement, I am putting together a team to represent upper Vancouver Island, to be based in Nanaimo. I really like what you have done and was wondering if I could pass your kits on to my co-horts with the team in the hopes of using one of your kits as ours. If you are uncomfortable with that, fine, we won't. Just let me know how you feel.

Lastly - as I have said numerous times, all of these kits are fabulous. But I do have one critique. Seeing as purple and orange are two of my favorite colors, I feel the Winnipeg colors should be a brighter purple and a brighter orange. Now, that may look like crap, I don't know. Just thought I'd ask.

some of these dont register as rugby kit. you never see stripes, only hoops and the sash look has a strong football vibe. have you tried them out using my photo template?

I agree that some of these came out looking a bit like soccer kits more than rugby, but I don't really mind. As PacificCoast said, an expansion of the designs rugby uses wouldn't be a bad thing, especially in a country where rugby does not have much of a traditional foothold. I've been working with your template and will post a couple this week. Thanks again for it.

And PacificCoast, you are more than welcome to share my kit designs. I made these just for fun, but if they can be utilized in any way, that's a great bonus. While most of my crest designs are original, some do include components that I have adapted from various images found on Google. So I'd like to keep those as concept only, so as not to cause any problems. But the kit designs themselves are fair game.

Also, I'll play around with a brighter colour palette for Winnipeg.

Here are the two tweaks I decided to do. I kept Calgary as is, because I didn't like any other name I could come up with.

PNWRFC became PCRFC (Pacific Coast RFC). I also used the suggestion of eliminating the holding triangle from the alternate jersey.

ih1Tv1w.jpg

The Bisons became the Giants, using the same design. I simply replaced the B with a G. Presto! I tried using some different shades of purple and orange, but couldn't come up with any palette that I liked more.

aeKMECn.jpg

Those are the only changes I intend to make for the time being. I am currently adapting all my concepts to Davidson's template. I will post them all at once when complete.

What a great color scheme. I'm always beating myself up over finding unique color schemes that don't look overly garish and here you have what fits a great indentity in your Winnipeg set. Though I'm not sold on your alt, the thin chest stripes don't match the bold detailing of everything else. Also, perhaps some white would help offset what is a strong monochrome color in the burnt orange.

Midway.png

What a great color scheme. I'm always beating myself up over finding unique color schemes that don't look overly garish and here you have what fits a great indentity in your Winnipeg set. Though I'm not sold on your alt, the thin chest stripes don't match the bold detailing of everything else. Also, perhaps some white would help offset what is a strong monochrome color in the burnt orange.

Thanks Midway. To tell you the truth I think I got this colour scheme off a website. I often check out sites like www.design-seeds.com for colour combination inspiration.

nas - thank you for allowing our team to use one of your kits. We haven't yet decided on a team name or colors, so your kits should spur us on. I'll let you know what we decide, and, since you are in Vancouver, I'll give you a heads up on our schedule. We should be playing three or four games in the Lower Mainland this summer. It would be great to meet you at that time, and hopefully you'll see one of your kits in use.

nas - thank you for allowing our team to use one of your kits. We haven't yet decided on a team name or colors, so your kits should spur us on. I'll let you know what we decide, and, since you are in Vancouver, I'll give you a heads up on our schedule. We should be playing three or four games in the Lower Mainland this summer. It would be great to meet you at that time, and hopefully you'll see one of your kits in use.

Awesome! Sounds great. Maybe these models will help you decide.

pqYosHC.jpgfPv5tUS.jpg

SCf27Nh.jpg2x9wwCu.jpg

M6qGGvv.jpgC2IQ4zl.jpg

Archived