Canadian Rugby Premiership

nas1787

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I'm not even a rugby fan, and know little to nothing about the sport. But these kits, especially when put on Davidson's template, look fantastic, Quebec in particular. I am excited for the U.S. series as well and would be happy to help out with city and team names.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• 1 year later...

Where is Pacific Northwest located? If Canadian, shouldn't it be Pacific Southwest?

That's a good point, I see what you're saying. The club is located in Victoria. I wanted a name other than Victoria, something that all of Vancouver Island could get behind. And I couldn't use Vancouver Island for obvious reasons.

Pacific Northwest is a term used mostly in the US, but it is also used to refer to the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island area. If you have a different suggestion, I'd be interested to hear it.

Edit: Is there an indigenous name for Vancouver Island? (like Queen Charlotte Islands/Haida Gwaii)

Being from Vancouver Island, I would support Pacific Coast RFC through and through. Excellent thread mate. Love all the kits and identities Nas. The only thing I am a little disappointed about is that there is no RFC based in St. John''s NL...hotbed of rugby in Canada.

• 1 month later...

I was recently traveling in Australia and all the sports there got me thinking about the potential for rugby and other pro sports concepts in Canada. really like this concept (so much that I signed-up for this forum). and the execution is great!

my favourite is probably the Vancouver kit. the Winnipeg colours are awesome and I really like Edmonton's home uniform. Ottawa and PCRFC look sharp too. the only one I'm really not a fan of is Calgary. but overall really, really solid designs. As a Vancouver Islander, I too prefer the "Pacific Coast" name. And, of course, the CRP logo is really nice. looks really similar to a CFL concept logo I drew awhile ago.

Archived