Your uniform-related beliefs

johnnysama

I believe no team should have Red, White, and Blue as their franchise colors UNLESS their mascot has something to do with American History or the team is located in Washington DC. Teams such as the 76ers, Patriots, and Texans are all fine. But the Pistons, Clippers, Bills, and Hawks need to get more creative. There are a TON of color combinations and schemes that are not being used.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pistons' colors are derived from the Detroit city flag.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Pistons' colors are derived from the Detroit city flag.

I believe no team should have Red, White, and Blue as their franchise colors UNLESS their mascot was something to do with American History or the team is located in Washington DC. Teams such as the 76ers, Patriots, and Texans are all fine. But the Pistons, Clippers, Bills, and Hawks need to get more creative. There are a TON of color combinations and schemes that are not being used.

They tried that...it failed:

245920_crop_650x440.jpg?1315577839

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

A lot of weird love for white football shoes on here.

Me, everytime i see a player in white football cleats, I hear disco music.

Ditto. Looks bland and boring especially with the lower white of the socks. Black just makes them look better and give a nice little bit of a classic feel even with a modern design and it works. Dark colored shoes like navy or something are fine as well.

I believe no team should have Red, White, and Blue as their franchise colors UNLESS their mascot was something to do with American History or the team is located in Washington DC. Teams such as the 76ers, Patriots, and Texans are all fine. But the Pistons, Clippers, Bills, and Hawks need to get more creative. There are a TON of color combinations and schemes that are not being used.

Red, white and blue is a legitimate, albeit overused, color scheme. You can't really say only American-esque teams are allowed to use it. Navy and red is actually my favorite color combo. Although there are probably more teams using it than most would like, if they can use it in different ways, then by all means.

- "Bettman piping" universally sucks.

- Hockey sweaters should never, ever have front numbers.

- Conversely, baseball jerseys should almost always have them.

- If the bill is not the same color as the crown, the squatchee must match the bill.

- Hem stripes are necessary (looking at you, Edge-ified Arizona Hockey Experiment).

- Letters, unless enclosed in the logo (LA) or are the C or A, have no place on the front of a sweater (Lightning, Canucks, Rangers, Wild alt).

- Double outlines usually look pretty bad.

- More teams should try to create white-less color jerseys, if possible.

- Color vs. color should happen a lot more often.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

For whatever reason, shoes have been the one thing I couldn't care less about on a football uniform. I never even notice them, white, black, team color, white/black, white/team color, etc...

My one big uniform related belief is, always keep away teams wearing gray in baseball. I don't mind an alternate away jersey, but always keep gray as the norm.

90758391980.gif

Guess what I am gonna say for the football?

NFL

1. No gray facemasks unless gray is one of your primary colors.

2. No plain pants (Baltimore & New Orleans black pants)

3. Logo must be present on at least one side of the helmet.

NCAA Football

1. Refer to NFL #1

2. No plain pants (Northwestern, Oregon)

3. Refer to NFL #3

spacer.png

-The only time grey facemasks in football are acceptable is if there's a lot of grey (or silver) on the uniforms, or the uniforms are the same basic design the team used during the grey mask era. Same goes for black shoes (black in the uniforms, or still wearing a classic look).

-Teams using traditional color palates (red & blue, black & gold, any primary/secondary color & white, etc.) should go ultramodern unless they have the tradition to justify a traditional look (NY Rangers, Cubs, etc.). On the other hand, unusual colors usually look like clown suits on modern templates and better on traditional templates.

-European football got it right... teams have "primary" and "clash" uniforms rather than "home" and "away" sets. As long as the uniforms don't clash, who cares if one team's not wearing white?

-Athletic gold does not look good as trim on white numbers or scripts. Metallic gold does not look good on grey uniforms.

NFL

1. You may not use a gray facemask unless gray is one of your colors.

2. No stripeless pants

3. Use team color cleats like NIKE came out with this year

4. You may have a PINK game, not a whole month.

5. Your socks may not be the same color of your pants. Even white pants/white socks with team color stripes.

NBA

1. No color at home.

2. A yellow or gray may be a home alternate

MLB

1. Your alternate must be from your history and not the city's history or some other team that played there 85 years ago.

2. Home whites/Road grays. No sands, creams, off whites, etc. Alternates are permitted, but not worn more than once in a series.

3. Same deal with NFL shoes.

NHL

1. No more fake lace up collars

2. Alts should be a throwback or a re-color of your jerseys. You shouldn't have a crest of something that's on your shoulder or your team's media guide.

KISSwall09.jpg

NCAA - School colors only. No more GFGS, no more BFBS, no more anythingFanythingS. Anything that goes against the rule must be approved by the conference and the opponent you will wear it against before the season begins.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

-black and navy should never appear in the same uniform. If you recall those Notre Dame hoops monstrosities about a month ago, you will have seen why.

-in the same vein, teams whose primary color is navy should stay away from black jerseys, and vice versa. I figure yall know somebody who thinks the Yankees wear black.

-the fact that the NFL does not allow non-throwback alternates to use a different design from the home/away uniforms is flat out idiotic IMO. As the Blues showed us in the late 90s, a damn good third can be a great way to test the waters as far as a prospective new design goes.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think I only have one "rule" that I really care about. In the NFL, pants and socks shouldn't match. I don't mind jersey/pants monochrome so long as the socks are different. This is why I view the new Seahawks jersey as a downgrade from their previous set. A lot of people used to complain about the Seahawks monochrome, but I never viewed it as a problem because the socks were different.

It's a shame that the Ravens are probably going to be guilty of this during the Super Bowl.

-European football got it right... teams have "primary" and "clash" uniforms rather than "home" and "away" sets. As long as the uniforms don't clash, who cares if one team's not wearing white?

Totally agree. Aside from the corporate logos, it does so much more for identity to associate with one jersey. There's no reason for a team to where white when Liverpool and Everton play, and there's reason for a team to wear white when the Bears play the Packers.

The American way prevents teams from being able to use white as a strong accent, or to mix white and black, e.g. Juventus.

I also hate the trend of teams, usu. college, wearing black or grey when it's not one of their colors. Okie State wears grey and black is one of their colors. Why?

- None of these gimmicky one-off "Ethnicity X Heritage" jerseys (Baseball)

- The button on a cap should always match the bill (baseball)

- Unless you wore them when they were originally part of a hockey uniform, don't wear laces (hockey)

- No double outlines. In some cases, they work (if the numbers and both outlines are all different colours), but usually it just clutters things up (all)

- No apron piping, no incomplete arm stripes, no side panels, no invisible/miniscule hem stripes, no pit stains, no phantom yokes, and none of this "innovative" garbage Reebok brought (hockey)

- If you're going to wear a throwback, don't throwback to crappy teams that nobody cared about (Capitals, Penguins)

- Stop throwing black and vintage white into designs for the sake of doing so

- Front numbers don't belong in the NHL. I don't care if it's Sharks style or Stars style, it looks terrible

- Don't try to do another team's "thing" (Pittsburgh with the Rangers script, Tampa Bay with their current look)

- Don't, for the love of Zeus, wear a fauxback, unless it's very close to what was actually worn.

- Don't fauxback to a period in which you never even existed

- Don't slap a logo in a circle. If the logo forms a circle (Oilers, Islanders), then fine. But don't just throw it into a roundel with "Team Name"/"(Sports) Club" arched over and under it (Padres, Lightning)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Is it wrong that, thanks to a number of posters on this site, I now look forward to teams switching to gray facemasks? I never particularly liked gray masks before, but the nonstop braying about it makes me want to see certain people get their panties all bunched up.

Yes. Let your better judgement take this one

Midway.png

Archived