Your uniform-related beliefs

johnnysama

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uniforms should never make changes that put a premium on style over function.

I'm looking at you, NBA.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's hard to imagine now, but when I began the Seattle Mariners' Back to the Future campaign in December of 2012, their 1987-92 look was the original inspiration. It just seems ridiculous now.

BkGoQBnCMAA5kTV.jpg

Does your campaign involve anything beyond you spamming a message board?

It's hard to imagine now, but when I began the Seattle Mariners' Back to the Future campaign in December of 2012, their 1987-92 look was the original inspiration. It just seems ridiculous now.

You do realize your Back To The Future statement actually means to go back to these right?

mariners-tatc-1998.png

What a dumbass. Stop spamming what you can't even understand.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Baseball should introduce new rules for 3rd jersey's.

Can only alternates against Non division Foes.

When the Mets play the Braves I want to be able to look and not have to guess, is that San Diego , Milwaukee or the Tigers

Honestly, how could anyone think pullover jerseys are better than button-fronts? What drugs are they on? Button-front jerseys are traditional, it's what separates baseball from softball or pajamas. Who cares if baseball is the only sport that uses them? Button-front jerseys are the best. That's just the way it is. It ain't the '70s anymore dude. These just look so good.

Bol1XYVCcAAOJm4.jpg

Honestly, how could anyone think pullover jerseys are better than button-fronts? What drugs are they on? Button-front jerseys are traditional, it's what separates baseball from softball or pajamas. Who cares if baseball is the only sport that uses them? Button-front jerseys are the best. That's just the way it is. It ain't the '70s anymore dude. These just look so good.

Bol1XYVCcAAOJm4.jpg

When Warren Spahn could be pitching to BJ Upton and Kris Medlen could pitch to Mickey Mantle while David Wright plays third for them and look like it's from the same era, while looking incredible, I can say that is why we prefer buttons.

image_zpseb15b7e4.jpg

image_zps3ecc3a3f.jpg

image_zps0b9f7dc4.jpg

image_zpsfa022308.jpg

image_zpse36bd82b.jpg

The fact is non of these uniforms look dated, pullovers will always look dated, just like, unfortunately, zipper fronts

EDIT: I realized Warren Spahn's is a zipper front, but I like it a lot anyway. Still looks timeless

Buttons just look more professional. Pullovers look amateurish. If they were truly destined for a comeback, if fashion truly stated that they were back in, if anybody outside of a weird Mariners fans wanted to see them then we'd see more than 0 teams wear them fulltime. As it is now they're a novelty throwback worn for nostalgic reasons on throwback days.

My favorite team's heyday came in pullovers and sansabelt pants, but this is the best they've ever looked and what they should be wearing today.

johnny_bench_1969_06_01.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Buttons just look more professional. Pullovers look amateurish. If they were truly destined for a comeback, if fashion truly stated that they were back in, if anybody outside of a weird Mariners fans wanted to see them then we'd see more than 0 teams wear them fulltime. As it is now they're a novelty throwback worn for nostalgic reasons on throwback days.

My favorite team's heyday came in pullovers and sansabelt pants, but this is the best they've ever looked and what they should be wearing today.

johnny_bench_1969_06_01.jpg

They still should be wearing that.

Archived