Logos associated with failure.

BadSeed84

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Eh, I wouldn't call the RPM logo "associated with failure", since RPM was actually a really good show. Man, if you want a real example of Power Rangers and failure...

spacer.png

RPM was the worst Power Rangers series. Period.

OO on the other hand, is not really as bad as people claim.

9 hours ago, JH42XCC said:

spacer.png

Just thought I'd leave this here.

It's unfortunate that they are likely dead by the end of this month but I wouldn't *quite* call them a failure. More of a victim of circumstance, in my mind at least.

They had a few things going for them and could've at least made it to their championship game had the virus not made as much of an impact. 

• Like 18

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how all of those are "associated with failure".

• The WFL?  Is that logo really associated with failure?  Was the WFL truly considered a failure?
  • I don't know the story behind the Target one - help me out?
  • The 2020 NFL Draft?  First, it's the same logo that's been used for lots of drafts, so hardly associated with just 2020.  I don't consider the date a significant part of the design.  Second, it's the highest rated draft ever, and is receiving a ton of praise, and at worst, has inspired a lot of discussion.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Indeed. This year's NFL draft has been just fine. And today's coverage of the late rounds looks essentially the same as any other years. What's the failure, outside of a low-effort joke?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Target lasted 2 years in Canada before they closed shop.

Really?  I didn't know that.  Any reason why?  Is there already a national competitor that they couldn't unseat?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Really?  I didn't know that.  Any reason why?  Is there already a national competitor that they couldn't unseat?

Target Canada was ultimately unsuccessful, with an overly-aggressive expansion initiative, in addition to higher prices and a limited selection of products compared to Target stores in the United States (from Wikipedia)

It also cited other competitors like Walmart, LoBlaws, and Shoppers Drug Mart (both are local chains), as well as Canadian Tire, contributed to Target Canada's eventual demise. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On 4/26/2020 at 9:28 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Here's a really good, comprehensive read on why Target failed in Canada: https://www.canadianbusiness.com/the-last-days-of-target-canada/

The main reasons are summed up in the first paragraph: "The company was having trouble moving products from its cavernous distribution centres and onto store shelves, which would leave Target outlets poorly stocked. The checkout system was glitchy and didn’t process transactions properly. Worse, the technology governing inventory and sales was new to the organization; no one seemed to fully understand how it all worked."

Speaking as a Canadian consumer, though, Target was underwhelming. We were expecting something akin to what we saw in U.S. Target stores when we crossed the border; instead they more closely resembled the Zellers stores whose leases Target took over.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Here's a really good, comprehensive read on why Target failed in Canada: https://www.canadianbusiness.com/the-last-days-of-target-canada/

That's fascinating.  Almost impossible to believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schlim said:

Okay, so the failure aspect of this entire thread is one big failjack with limited results, but here's a rebrand that cost the already successful company $35 million to roll out and another $20 million in lost sales.

The story behind it is pretty interesting as well.

spacer.png

Honestly I prefer the rebrand. The current look screams late 2000s to me.

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

I don't know why I haven't thought about this one! This goes it to my friends in Cleveland, especially on the West Side!

spacer.png

With the rise of Avon Commons and Crocker Park, this place is 💩. I live less than 5 miles from it and I never go there. All of the anchor stores have left and there is hardly any traffic there. It's slowing dying, and it needs to die and be redeveloped.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

MAD Magazine's New Facial Recognition - Print Magazine

Mad Magazine gave their magazine a facelift in 2018, and changed their logo to this (which is a more squashed version of their original logo from the 50s)

In July 2019, it was announced that beginning with issue #11 of the Mad revival, subsequent issues would include reprinted content from its previous 67 years of publication. Mad will no longer be sold on newsstands, but will remain in comic book shops.

So yea was only a year before they basically called it quits (well new material at least)

• Like 1