Logos associated with failure.

BadSeed84

10 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

MAD Magazine's New Facial Recognition - Print Magazine

Mad Magazine gave their magazine a facelift in 2018, and changed their logo to this (which is a more squashed version of their original logo from the 50s)

In July 2019, it was announced that beginning with issue #11 of the Mad revival, subsequent issues would include reprinted content from its previous 67 years of publication. Mad will no longer be sold on newsstands, but will remain in comic book shops.

So yea was only a year before they basically called it quits (well new material at least)

I think this is less of a failed logo and more of a last attempt at life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/2/2020 at 11:35 AM, DTConcepts said:

I think this is less of a failed logo and more of a last attempt at life.

Which is the definition of this thread. That logo is associated with their failed last attempt at a comeback.

Moving on. I know other logos been posted before but...

JCPenney Extends Store Closures and Provides Business Updates ...

Yea, has to be mentioned again, plus yet another new logo from them last year and now they are in bankruptcy.

• Like 3

How is Pier 1 associated with failure, when it had a good long run as a reputable company?  No reasonable person looks at that logo and is like "lol, that didn't work", unlike with New Coke, Circuit City, the WCW Starship, Pat Patriot, and K-Mart.  Granted, K-Mart also had a good run, but wasn't ever looked at highly, and spent its final decade or more just hanging on for life in a very undignified manner, to the point where everyone just assumed it was already dead (I remember driving by one and passing it by because I thought it was closed down, only to realize it was open, just with zero customers.  Scored a lifetime supply of dishwasher capsules on super clearance.)

Is this thread now simply "logos of companies that have recently filed for bankruptcy?"

• Like 10

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

How is Pier 1 associated with failure, when it had a good long run as a reputable company?  No reasonable person looks at that logo and is like "lol, that didn't work", unlike with New Coke, Circuit City, the WCW Starship, Pat Patriot, and K-Mart.  Granted, K-Mart also had a good run, but wasn't ever looked at highly, and spent its final decade or more just hanging on for life in a very undignified manner, to the point where everyone just assumed it was already dead (I remember driving by one and passing it by because I thought it was closed down, only to realize it was open, just with zero customers.  Scored a lifetime supply of dishwasher capsules on super clearance.)

Is this thread now simply "logos of companies that have recently filed for bankruptcy?"

Yes. That and easy jokes.

Here are some on-topic logos that may or may not have been posted in this thread;

sega-32x.png

Gizmondo_(logo).jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Screen_Shot_2011-09-19_at_12.57.35_AM.pn

microsoft_kin_one_by_arxh.jpg?token=eyJ0

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 3 weeks later...

Topical:

MOD EDIT

Edited by officeglenn
Politics not related to sports or graphic design
  • Like 5
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

At least here in Pittsburgh / Western Pa area

- Quiznos - shame because I really liked their prime rib (I think there may be 1 or 2 at the Rest Stops on the PA Turnpike) 

Krispy Kreme - Liked them but I think they oversaturated the area to quickly, seemed like every few days a neighborhood was getting a Krispy Kreme. The West Mifflin Krispy Kreme was turned into a Chick Fil A, which is booming (always jam packed) 

I know there are some still around (Robinson Town Center, Pittsburgh Int'l Airport, Cedar Point) but I would add 
- Quaker Steak & Lube (Episode of Man vs Food), many years QSL was the place to go for Wings but once Buffalo Wild Wings moved in as competition, QSL lost big. I know here in West Mifflin, QSL is now a Texas Roadhouse and like the Chick Fil A (always jam packed). Buffalo Wild Wings is right up the Street

Some companies not entirely gone but less of a presence than before.

Texaco used to be a nationwide gas chain, but since their 2001 merger with Chevron they are only found in the South and a few Western States because Shell converted most of their gas stations to the Shell name.

spacer.png

K-mart, Sears, JCPenney as mentioned in previous pages of the thread.

I second Quiznos. @Fitzy0220

spacer.png

Long John Silver's is also in decline.

spacer.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Some companies not entirely gone but less of a presence than before.

Texaco used to be a nationwide gas chain, but since their 2001 merger with Chevron they are only found in the South and a few Western States because Shell converted most of their gas stations to the Shell name.

spacer.png

K-mart, Sears, JCPenney as mentioned in previous pages of the thread.

I second Quiznos. @Fitzy0220

spacer.png

Long John Silver's is also in decline.

spacer.png

Random (local Pittsburgh) Texaco tidbit. Both my Grandfathers worked at Homestead Works Steel Mill and also at the Texaco right up the the hill from the Mills. Basically how my Mom and Dad met  LOL

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...