EddieJ1984

Logos associated with failure.

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

MAD Magazine's New Facial Recognition - Print Magazine

Mad Magazine gave their magazine a facelift in 2018, and changed their logo to this (which is a more squashed version of their original logo from the 50s)

In July 2019, it was announced that beginning with issue #11 of the Mad revival, subsequent issues would include reprinted content from its previous 67 years of publication. Mad will no longer be sold on newsstands, but will remain in comic book shops.

 

So yea was only a year before they basically called it quits (well new material at least)

 

I think this is less of a failed logo and more of a last attempt at life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 11:35 AM, DTConcepts said:

 

I think this is less of a failed logo and more of a last attempt at life.

 

Which is the definition of this thread. That logo is associated with their failed last attempt at a comeback.

 

Moving on. I know other logos been posted before but...

 

JCPenney Extends Store Closures and Provides Business Updates ...

 

Yea, has to be mentioned again, plus yet another new logo from them last year and now they are in bankruptcy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 1:12 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

Which is the definition of this thread. That logo is associated with their ailed last attempt at a comeback.

spacer.png

It fits 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is Pier 1 associated with failure, when it had a good long run as a reputable company?  No reasonable person looks at that logo and is like "lol, that didn't work", unlike with New Coke, Circuit City, the WCW Starship, Pat Patriot, and K-Mart.  Granted, K-Mart also had a good run, but wasn't ever looked at highly, and spent its final decade or more just hanging on for life in a very undignified manner, to the point where everyone just assumed it was already dead (I remember driving by one and passing it by because I thought it was closed down, only to realize it was open, just with zero customers.  Scored a lifetime supply of dishwasher capsules on super clearance.)

 

Is this thread now simply "logos of companies that have recently filed for bankruptcy?"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

How is Pier 1 associated with failure, when it had a good long run as a reputable company?  No reasonable person looks at that logo and is like "lol, that didn't work", unlike with New Coke, Circuit City, the WCW Starship, Pat Patriot, and K-Mart.  Granted, K-Mart also had a good run, but wasn't ever looked at highly, and spent its final decade or more just hanging on for life in a very undignified manner, to the point where everyone just assumed it was already dead (I remember driving by one and passing it by because I thought it was closed down, only to realize it was open, just with zero customers.  Scored a lifetime supply of dishwasher capsules on super clearance.)

 

Is this thread now simply "logos of companies that have recently filed for bankruptcy?"

 

 

 

Yes. That and easy jokes.

 

Here are some on-topic logos that may or may not have been posted in this thread;

sega-32x.png

Gizmondo_(logo).jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Screen_Shot_2011-09-19_at_12.57.35_AM.pn

 

microsoft_kin_one_by_arxh.jpg?token=eyJ0

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

wii-u.png 

Not even the worst failure Nintendo's had, that's weak sauce. Try this puppy on for size;

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pier 1 Imports would've had to change their logo in the past decade to suit this thread.

 

Quick failures can fit into this thread, since they only had 1 logo and that is associated with failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Topical:

 

MOD EDIT

Edited by officeglenn
Politics not related to sports or graphic design

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

MOD EDIT

Edited by officeglenn
Politics not related to sports or graphic design

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least here in Pittsburgh / Western Pa area

- Quiznos - shame because I really liked their prime rib (I think there may be 1 or 2 at the Rest Stops on the PA Turnpike) 

Krispy Kreme - Liked them but I think they oversaturated the area to quickly, seemed like every few days a neighborhood was getting a Krispy Kreme. The West Mifflin Krispy Kreme was turned into a Chick Fil A, which is booming (always jam packed) 

I know there are some still around (Robinson Town Center, Pittsburgh Int'l Airport, Cedar Point) but I would add 
- Quaker Steak & Lube (Episode of Man vs Food), many years QSL was the place to go for Wings but once Buffalo Wild Wings moved in as competition, QSL lost big. I know here in West Mifflin, QSL is now a Texas Roadhouse and like the Chick Fil A (always jam packed). Buffalo Wild Wings is right up the Street

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some companies not entirely gone but less of a presence than before.

 

Texaco used to be a nationwide gas chain, but since their 2001 merger with Chevron they are only found in the South and a few Western States because Shell converted most of their gas stations to the Shell name.

 

spacer.png

 

K-mart, Sears, JCPenney as mentioned in previous pages of the thread.

 

I second Quiznos. @Fitzy0220

spacer.png

Long John Silver's is also in decline.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Some companies not entirely gone but less of a presence than before.

 

Texaco used to be a nationwide gas chain, but since their 2001 merger with Chevron they are only found in the South and a few Western States because Shell converted most of their gas stations to the Shell name.

 

spacer.png

 

K-mart, Sears, JCPenney as mentioned in previous pages of the thread.

 

I second Quiznos. @Fitzy0220

spacer.png

Long John Silver's is also in decline.

spacer.png

Random (local Pittsburgh) Texaco tidbit. Both my Grandfathers worked at Homestead Works Steel Mill and also at the Texaco right up the the hill from the Mills. Basically how my Mom and Dad met  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2020 at 7:56 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

 

spacer.png

 

Can somebody please tweet this to Roger Goodel 5x per day? This is how you do a title logo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.