EddieJ1984

Logos associated with failure.

10 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

MAD Magazine's New Facial Recognition - Print Magazine

Mad Magazine gave their magazine a facelift in 2018, and changed their logo to this (which is a more squashed version of their original logo from the 50s)

In July 2019, it was announced that beginning with issue #11 of the Mad revival, subsequent issues would include reprinted content from its previous 67 years of publication. Mad will no longer be sold on newsstands, but will remain in comic book shops.

So yea was only a year before they basically called it quits (well new material at least)

I think this is less of a failed logo and more of a last attempt at life.

On 5/2/2020 at 11:35 AM, DTConcepts said:

I think this is less of a failed logo and more of a last attempt at life.

Which is the definition of this thread. That logo is associated with their failed last attempt at a comeback.

Moving on. I know other logos been posted before but...

JCPenney Extends Store Closures and Provides Business Updates ...

Yea, has to be mentioned again, plus yet another new logo from them last year and now they are in bankruptcy.

On 5/18/2020 at 1:12 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

Which is the definition of this thread. That logo is associated with their ailed last attempt at a comeback.

spacer.png

It fits 🙃

How is Pier 1 associated with failure, when it had a good long run as a reputable company?  No reasonable person looks at that logo and is like "lol, that didn't work", unlike with New Coke, Circuit City, the WCW Starship, Pat Patriot, and K-Mart.  Granted, K-Mart also had a good run, but wasn't ever looked at highly, and spent its final decade or more just hanging on for life in a very undignified manner, to the point where everyone just assumed it was already dead (I remember driving by one and passing it by because I thought it was closed down, only to realize it was open, just with zero customers.  Scored a lifetime supply of dishwasher capsules on super clearance.)

Is this thread now simply "logos of companies that have recently filed for bankruptcy?"

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

How is Pier 1 associated with failure, when it had a good long run as a reputable company?  No reasonable person looks at that logo and is like "lol, that didn't work", unlike with New Coke, Circuit City, the WCW Starship, Pat Patriot, and K-Mart.  Granted, K-Mart also had a good run, but wasn't ever looked at highly, and spent its final decade or more just hanging on for life in a very undignified manner, to the point where everyone just assumed it was already dead (I remember driving by one and passing it by because I thought it was closed down, only to realize it was open, just with zero customers.  Scored a lifetime supply of dishwasher capsules on super clearance.)

Is this thread now simply "logos of companies that have recently filed for bankruptcy?"

Yes. That and easy jokes.

Here are some on-topic logos that may or may not have been posted in this thread;

sega-32x.png

Gizmondo_(logo).jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Screen_Shot_2011-09-19_at_12.57.35_AM.pn

microsoft_kin_one_by_arxh.jpg?token=eyJ0