Personal Uniform Quirks

raysox

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In hockey (ice and inline) I would always wear a helmet the colour of my primary jersey with a cage, or traditional visor (for one year) in the jersey's secondary colour. Blue helmet w/ green cage for all my years in ice hockey, Black helmet w/ bright yellow visor (wore it for one year but got in trouble from the league for not wearing a full face one), black helmet w/ a blue cage and blue helmet w/ green cage for inline hockey. Also had colour coordinated wheels too, with 2 of each colour on each skate.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

For football, I wore Eric Dickerson lookin rec specs under my helmet (still have em...they still smell like :censored: ), and for the latter half of my senior year for the hell of it I decided to get myself striped socks (black/white and green/white...the former was too reminiscent of the refs, so the first game I wore those in was also the last). Probably against some obscure rule, though the refs never said anything. The year before in JV ball, I'd worn a yellow towel, which a ref did say something about (and why exactly I forgot flags are yellow slipped my mind, but yeah). Only thing special about the cleats I wore in junior and senior years was the fact that I scavenged em about a week or two after everybody cleaned out their lockers the season before (bluntly, the janitors were a bit loath to clean out the athletic lockers for some reason, not sure if that's still true. Yay for near-broke scavengers). Hell, for one who could figure out where to look, the athletic and gym locker rooms at my high school were the damn epitomes of one man's trash being another man's treasure. A pair of Iversons, a pair of Air Maxes, good cleats, and I didn't pay a dime for em.any of em. :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Back when I played baseball not only was I the only person on my team to wear bloused pants, but I also wore high stirrups and long sleeves for every game no matter how hot. I also had this thing where I needed the bill to be as bent as possible, I'm talking to the point where I actually split the bill in two pieces on my cap senior year.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived