Rockers Not Rappers in Unis and Logo Related Stuff

zuck

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duff McKagen in SEA jersey (whats the deal with the red?)

That might be a Super Bowl replica. They used to make those for both teams and each team essentially had identical features on the sleeves. They were horrible looking.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

not exactly at the height of Axl's career but he did go through a jersey phase. i saw them in Columbus in '02, he wore a few different ones. specifically remember a Blue Jackets jersey

175059__axl_l.jpg

This is from the MTV Video Music Awards in 2001, I think. The jersey here always perplexed me because It's very clearly a bootleg Jerry Rice Raiders jersey.

bSLCtu2.png

• 1 month later...

I recently found out the drummer for vampire weekend was a spurs fan!

I was watching some vids on YouTube and his shirt looked like it had a variation of their shield. Did a little research and found out its a kit from the 1960s and hes a big fan.

From the same show it appears Ezra (lead singer) might have a us soccer shirt? Unless that was an Olympic logo or something?

http://www.xlrecordings.com/uploads/news/287.png

not exactly at the height of Axl's career but he did go through a jersey phase. i saw them in Columbus in '02, he wore a few different ones. specifically remember a Blue Jackets jersey

175059__axl_l.jpg

This is from the MTV Video Music Awards in 2001, I think. The jersey here always perplexed me because It's very clearly a bootleg Jerry Rice Raiders jersey.

beec7fb988b4b1547039c5cac4d1d83bdaeb3b77.jpg

He also wore a black jersey in the early 90's. This one was from the movie Longest Yard.

Why are we specifically excluding rappers. yo?

It's just such a tired "tradition." Most rappers wear jerseys strictly as fashion statements. Lots of rockers, on the other hand, tend to know a thing or two about the teams they choose to represent. The aforementioned Geddy Lee, for example, is quite the fantasy baseball guru:

Not to mention the fact that a vast majority of members on the forum were raised on the classic rock genre and don't have much of a passion for rap. Hell, I'm 20 and I feel the same.

Ignorance meter is moving a little bit when reading is.

Mine's moving a little more than that. Example: Wale wearing a Wizards jersey. The Wizards suck and aren't a fashionable market. But maybe... just maybe a rapper is wearing a jersey for something other than "wearing jerseys strictly as a fashion statement"... considering that he's FROM THE DC AREA. Let's not make such broad statements and exclusive topics.

Wale+Wizards.jpg

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived