Rockers Not Rappers in Unis and Logo Related Stuff

zuck

Why are we specifically excluding rappers. yo?

It's just such a tired "tradition." Most rappers wear jerseys strictly as fashion statements. Lots of rockers, on the other hand, tend to know a thing or two about the teams they choose to represent. The aforementioned Geddy Lee, for example, is quite the fantasy baseball guru:

Not to mention the fact that a vast majority of members on the forum were raised on the classic rock genre and don't have much of a passion for rap. Hell, I'm 20 and I feel the same.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just such a tired "tradition." Most rappers wear jerseys strictly as fashion statements. Lots of rockers, on the other hand, tend to know a thing or two about the teams they choose to represent. The aforementioned Geddy Lee, for example, is quite the fantasy baseball guru:

Not to mention the fact that a vast majority of members on the forum were raised on the classic rock genre and don't have much of a passion for rap. Hell, I'm 20 and I feel the same.

Ignorance meter is moving a little bit when reading is.

90758391980.gif

What about rappers who have sampled rock songs? Doesn't that make them rockers too?

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why people even consider Rush a good band, let alone the greatest of all time.

Living near one of the Great Lakes makes you susceptible to really liking Rush.

Fact.

I mean, I fought it for a while, that fateful summer of 2001, but ultimately I gave in and was like "yeaaaahhhh, that's right, you do have to conform or be cast out!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That rubbed me the wrong way too at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized rockers in sports gear is much more rare. Most of the time, it's harder to find pictures of rappers who aren't wearing sports gear... especially if you go back to the mid 90s to about 2002 or so.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why people even consider Rush a good band, let alone the greatest of all time.

Fact.

I mean, I fought it for a while, that fateful summer of 2001, but ultimately I gave in and was like "yeaaaahhhh, that's right, you do have to conform or be cast out!"

This is very true. I fought it until my dad took me to a Rush concert. Then I was sold.

Fact.

This is very true. I fought it until my dad took me to a Rush concert. Then I was sold.

Same here... I got a free pass to Summerfest back in 2010 and just randomly happened upon their show. In other words, I was literally on one of the Great Lakes when I became a fan. :D

Archived