Rockers Not Rappers in Unis and Logo Related Stuff

zuck

Um. Clay Aiken.

clay-aiken-and-buffalo-sabres-jersey-gallery.jpg

If we're going to be this anal about not including rappers in this thread, I damn sure don't want to see crappy pop singers here.... and definitely not no "Idols."

Aiken is too hardcore for you to handle. He'll rock you right outta your pants.

bufg.png

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, I thought Kid Rock was hardcore Detroit?

He's not from Detroit... Romeo is a good 40 miles from Detroit and up to an hour away, depending on traffic. He's also a Steelers fan.

Yet here he is singing the "Pepsi Anthem" for the Lions:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/detroit-lions/0ap2000000092045/Pepsi-Anthem-Kid-Rock-In-Detroit-Lions-Anthem

Now, it's possible that Kid Rock is a blatant sports bigamist. But it's also possible that "rockers" - like lots of other celebrities - are willing to wear multiple jerseys and pander to multiple fan bases based on whim, fashion sense...or even a fat advertising check.

Screen-Shot-2012-08-29-at-11.36.40-AM.png

Lots of rockers, on the other hand, tend to know a thing or two about the teams they choose to represent.

Their agents, business managers, PR handlers, and stylists do, anyway.

LOL, I thought Kid Rock was hardcore Detroit?

He's not from Detroit... Romeo is a good 40 miles from Detroit and up to an hour away, depending on traffic. He's also a Steelers fan.

Yet here he is singing the "Pepsi Anthem" for the Lions:

http://www.nfl.com/v...it-Lions-Anthem

Now, it's possible that Kid Rock is a blatant sports bigamist. But it's also possible that "rockers" - like lots of other celebrities - are willing to wear multiple jerseys and pander to multiple fan bases based on whim, fashion sense...or even a fat advertising check.

Considering how many pics of him there are in this thread in different jerseys, I'd say that's a pretty safe bet.

I haven't searched the whole thread but I'm pretty sure he hasn't been covered. Riley Breckenridge, drummer for Thrice, and now SBNation writer:

tumblr_lpqevnE1CI1r1r41mo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mbiiqwLYUL1qeqltmo1_500.png

And this last pic, taken by yours truly, shows his true allegiance:

576581_10101930524051173_222781773_n.jpg

I know for sure there's pics of him in a purple Lakers throwback and that he has many, many other Angels shirts.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Meshuggah and Modo:

12636781.jpg

Meshuggah FTW!

Fredrik Thordendal is wearing the Rangers 3rd jersey, and Dick Lövgren is wearing a Sabres jersey in the "New Millennium Cyanide Christ" video

Doesn't the guitarist from Slayer have the raiders logo on his guitar?

The bass guy http://images.search...umb=uOqYRU61e75

The "bass guy" is Jeff Hanneman, the other guitarist in the band.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

image_1.jpg?resize=614%2C460

Let's not forget Taylor Swift leaked the Predators old third jersey.

*ducks*

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Jon Bon Jovi wore a Browns jersey at his concert last Friday and he wore a Steelers one in Pittsburgh in 2006. Also a Blackhawks and Philadelphia Soul (which he previously owned). There are also other various pictures of him I have seen in AFL jerseys.

wanted+2.jpg

60458_10151538023555730_2060402949_n.jpg

bonjovi11.jpg

374400_10151537495415730_1607486456_n.jpg

21.jpg

Remember "Here In Your Bedroom" from Goldfinger? The drummer wears a Sabres jersey:

I saw them on tour way back. He started off wearing a red alt Maxim Afinogenov jersey, and when he got too hot took that off and had a Kobe Bryant jersey.

I also have a Genesis sheet music book with pictures of Phil Collins wearing a North Stars and Rangers jersey. Pretty impressive too because they're really old pictures from before you could buy jerseys in any store or online.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Terry Kath, the late guitarist from Chicago in the 60s and 70s wore several hockey Jerseys when the band toured. I have seen him in jerseys of the Rangers, Blues, and even the WHL's Chicago Cougars. He even had a Blackhawks decal on his guitar. I'm at work so I can't really post any pics.

Kind of odd that a 70's prog band from England would like wearing hockey jerseys, but here we are...

I always wondered about that back in the day but kind of forgot about that (and I even have that CD/DVD reissue of "Trick of the Tail" that has the "Ripples" video on it). Per wikipeida Phil Collins' first wife was from Vancouver - she was in London studying theatre and met Phil in an acting workshop right around the time he joined Genesis (and gave up on the acting for a while); they probably stayed over in Canada when they were touring and picked up the jerseys then. Collins divorced her in 1979; their split-up was the "inspriation" for "Misunderstanding" from Duke and everything off his first two solo albums.

Archived