Bmac

Bmac Does the NHL

St. Louis Blues

I basically started over for the Blues. The uniforms are based heavily on the pre-Edge set. The alternate is double blue with yellow music note stripes and the alternate logo. New number font to go along with the new wordmark. Primary logo stays the same, alternate logo is a remake of the old alternate logo. I threw another logo in there combining the primary logo and wordmark with the St. Louis arch, but I'm not sold on it.

*EDIT- the current uniform is the most recent version, after having undergone some updates.

StLouisBluesLogoSheet_zps12d83782.png

StLouisBluesUpdate2_zps05b7c23f.png

*Link to original version*

Thoughts? LIKE this post, leave a comment here or on Twitter/Facebook, whatever. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

I approve! Very nice BUT....

It's a bit hard to read the NOB on the road jersey, and the captain's C looks a bit too high. Other than those two minor details, I like it a lot. That trumpet logo is great!

The alternate needs five yellow stripes and not four. On another team, it wouldn't matter, but on the Blues pinstripes like that will be associated with a musical staff and therefore the number must be five.

Simple and classy. Well done sir. I do agree with aci that there should be 5 stripes on the alt. Other than that perfect.

Here is an update for the Blues. Moved captain's C down, added a stripe to alternate, added a blue note pattern to the inside collar of the alternate.

StLouisBluesUpdate_zps0cafc7fd.png

I think the road needs the lighter blue to have more of a presence. The color could get completely lost in all the navy when you picture the whole uniform.

That 4th logo is nothing short of perfect.

I would swap the navy and the royal blue on the away, that way it will balance with the logo and numbers a little better. Other than that, this looks great.

I think if you just switched the navy and blue on the shoulders on the away that'd be fine, like how they have done it since the pre-edge. Otherwise awesome set!

The one thing i never understood is why is the trumpet blue? I think if you make it gold it'd look a lot better and stand out more.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. Here is update #2. Royal blue and navy have been swapped on the white jersey (how the bleep did I not think of that?!), single-color names now on the home and road. Thoughts? Good to move on?

StLouisBluesUpdate2_zps05b7c23f.png

I have no qualms with this, let's see what else you have in store

Beautiful, don't change a thing. I'm kinda intrigued by the numbers though. Specifically, what would the other digits look like?

Looks beautiful. The only suggestions I'd make would be to make the trumpet gold, not only to stand out more, but because trumpets are gold anyways. As well, I'd stick to single-coloured NoB for the alternate.

Detroit Red Wings

Nothing too different here, but a few noteworthy changes:

-New number font

-New font for NOB, captain's C, and team wordmark.

-Lace-up collars

-"HOCKEYTOWN" on inside of collars

-New alternate jersey

I also touched up the primary logo ever so slightly. Oh, and take note of the primary jersey being white.

DetroitRedWingsLogoSheet_zps3e905181.png

DetroitRedWings_zps1b0d9ff7.png

I know this isn't anything too exciting, but I would love some feedback on this.

I like this set a lot. The new font is different, but it's definitely better than the generic one they use now. The alternate is good, better than the winter classic one they had a couple years ago with the stylized D. The whole set screams "classic" and that's the vibe you should get from the Wings. Solid job.

Bump...

I don't expect many comments but this wasn't on the first page for very long.

The bookman style number font is something I've been a fan of but I'm not sure it would fly with Wings fans. I'd like to see a more bold version of it but that's about it for minor adjustments