Teams that got it right the FIRST time.

29texan

This thread is basically about teams you feel had the perfect (or near perfect) uniform when they first came into existence.

For me:

- Houston Texans (2002) .... and yes, I know the Texans haven't changed their uniforms (unless you want to count the Nike collar), which is a good thing if you ask me. I hope they keep it this way..

342098e0637f18a71e678f9786019ec0.jpg

- Charlotte Hornets (1988-89)

RackMultipart.22735.0_display_image.jpg?1256791788

- Florida Panthers (1993)

72352288.jpg.19212.0_display_image.jpg?1259943203

- Kansas City Royals (1969)

1969-KC-Royals.jpg

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-The Hornets set might have qualified if not for the stupid pleated shorts. Pleats and athletics don't mix.

-I thought those Marlins sets were just too teal. Maybe today it would be OK, but I remember as a 16 year old being shocked when they first took the field, since that was so uncommon back then. IMO, their first WS set in '97 was their best ever. Perfect mix of black and teal.

-Agreed on the Panthers. I don't care for the logo, but it's certainly their best look and one that they could have more or less kept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Miami Heat

New Jersey Devils

Calgary Flames

Minnesota Wild (shown a couple posts up).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I just wanted to point out that just because a team downgraded from an original set does not necessarily mean that the uniform in question got it "right" if that makes sense. I think the Texans, Sharks, and Wild are examples of the team getting it actually right. Looks like the Bobcats, Grizzlies, Diamondbacks, etc... may be better in some opinions, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were good looks (or at least tough to improve upon).

I thought about including Carolina, but that original logo is pretty dated. Upgrade was needed for sure.

I thought about that as well, but for that logo to last 16 years is kinda amazing and even without the logo upgrade it still would have been feasible.

spacer.png

I just wanted to point out that just because a team downgraded from an original set does not necessarily mean that the uniform in question got it "right" if that makes sense. I think the Texans, Sharks, and Wild are examples of the team getting it actually right. Looks like the Bobcats, Grizzlies, Diamondbacks, etc... may be better in some opinions, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were good looks (or at least tough to improve upon).

Agreed. I thought of the Jags, because I think they were at their best on day 1, but I never liked the helmet, so no, in my opinion, they did not get it right the first time.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived