A New Level of Intellectual Property Theft - "Knicklyn"?

Gothamite

This has absolutely nothing to do with leagues pricing their merchandise out of the market. To the extent such an argument is valid, it's in support of counterfeiting, which this is not.

I'm definitely not going to say the guy was in the right on any level, but when pro sports franchises stop sticking taxpayers with the bill for their palaces, I might start feeling bad about the money they lose because of counterfitting.

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.

Kindly create a new one if you want to talk about counterfeiting (I'll join in myself).

These sorts of things are everywhere. Personally, I don't understand merchandise intended to look like your "rival." People would come to Cubs games dressed in C-ORK and C-HOKE shirts in the C-UBS style and I guess they didn't realize that to most people it just looks like you're wearing a Cubs shirt.

That's not so much the case here due to the colors. But that Rangers-Philly mashup qualifies. The responses from the Knicklyn creator does not win him any points from me in this case. This is about as blatant as it gets.

I guess the difference with that Cubs shirt is that, if you actually look at it, it's clearly anti-Cubs.

But this thing? It's not anti-Rangers, it just uses the Rangers' shield outline. And it's not anti-Flyers either. It's just an odd mash up that doesn't really work for either team except as an oddity.

Archived