2013 NFL New Era

FooMasterX5

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How hard is it to just use the team's wordmark and logo?

These suck.

Not hard. But why would they? The make slight alterations every year and people will buy it. It's smart marketing. Give the consumer a little bit of perfection and they'll still go for it. Eventually, maybe, they'll take your idea. But until then, they know the consumers will buy this so why not?

Go A's!

How hard is it to just use the team's wordmark and logo?

These suck.

Not hard. But why would they? The make slight alterations every year and people will buy it. It's smart marketing. Give the consumer a little bit of perfection and they'll still go for it. Eventually, maybe, they'll take your idea. But until then, they know the consumers will buy this so why not?

Which is exactly why I'm interested to see what they do with the official sideline caps, since they are all just the normal logos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer posted a picture on the Bengals draft hat on his Twitter

https://twitter.com/...752996006625280

Suprised they used the Cat head instead of the 'B'.

I was thinking the same thing

Looks like a browns hat off to the left edge of the picture. Or it's just one of the Instagram effects.

Anyone know where that guy took that pic? The super bowl?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Why can't they use the official team wordmarks on these instead of generalized fonts?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Why can't they use the official team wordmarks on these instead of generalized fonts?

Because they don't have to if they don't want to. They know people will buy this design, so they know they don't need to make the all perfect cap if the consumer is willing to buy this one

Go A's!

Because they don't have to if they don't want to. They know people will buy this design, so they know they don't need to make the all perfect cap if the consumer is willing to buy this one

So basically if I asked New Era directly why, they'd give me an answer that more or less sounded like this:

y7B0sev.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

They already have leave to use the team logos, why not just use the damned wordmarks? It takes just as much time or more to c/p/arch this font.

I understand, money money money monoe moeny nney nimoney money. But give me a break. Lazy bunch of jagoffs. Make a decent hat. This was supposed to be a monumental improvement over Reebok, but at least reebok was willing to try new things, even if it meant looking like buffoons.

twitter

Archived