Vintage College Mascot Logos

hettinger_rl

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a huge fondness for these old logos. Might just be that they really represent an era in sports that will never come around again.

Somebody already posted the older muscled up Albert for Florida, does anybody have any other UF ones? It took a long time for the current one to grow on me, I always loved the simplicity of the old Albert and the old UF shield.

florida-gators-primary-logo-2-primary.jpg

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Figured I'd throw some classic Gators logos in here:

logo-florida-gators-500.s600x600.jpg

florida-gators.jpg

559324_Wood-Sign-University-of-Florida-UF-Logo.jpg

UF_logo_%281966-1967%29.png

pell.gif

There's also a logo of Albert the Alligator charging while wearing football pads. It's darn near impossible to find though.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

$(KGrHqN,!lEE2ETsMqzrBN-R3nqDrw~~_35.JPG484.jpg

0000624_fighting_gator_t_shirt.jpeg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Some U. of Texas vintage marks:

TexasUOf_CVLMK1200a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

TexasUOf_CVLMK0700a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

TexasUOf_CVLMK0800a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

TexasUOf_CVLMK1000a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

TexasUOf_CVLMK0900a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

TexasUOf_CVLMK1300a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

I should mention that these graphics - which come from the College Vault collection - all use the newer version of Texas Burnt Orange...it has changed a number of times over the years, and the current one is practically a Brown.

Archived