Vintage College Mascot Logos

hettinger_rl

I worked on a lot of these marks while at CLC. It was a daunting task to say the least. A lot of these marks were taken from the College Vault books by Whitman Publishing, as well as a number of other resources. Some of them we just flat out made up. I think by the time I left we had recreated nearly 2000 marks for the College Vault program. If you like this kind of stuff, those books are gems.

I SO wished my alma mater - North Texas - had been included.

They were still using the Hayden Fry "Flying Worm" logo at the time I started going there - along with the Apple Green and Forest Green color scheme...

NorthTexasSched1980.jpg

NorthTexasSched1982.jpg

Apple green and forest green...that is a very interesting combo. I like it.

I didn't even notice that at first... I thought the Bucks were the only pro or college team that did double green, but it looks like North Texas was doing it even before then.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Zephyr hat company has a line called "Refresh" that uses some of the logos we've compiled here and some I've not seen before. The unseen ones are likely not actually vintage from their school (ala the x-line and zhs) but they are so good looking they could've been.

COLRFS0040_zfull.jpg

BYUSQF0010_zfull.jpg

CALRFS0020_zfull.jpg

MINRFS0040_zfull.jpg

They've also changed some of the "sailor hats" to backward snapbacks.

http://www.hatmonster.com/searchresult.aspx?KeyWords=refresh

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Getting back to this...here are a few Northwestern U. College Vault marks:

Ultra surprised cat, pole dancer cat, overly drawn cat, and Gargamel's cat playing basketball

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

As a collector of old, often forgotten and lost, college logos, I find this to be a GREAT thread. Thanks to everyone who has posted these great logos, particularly ColorWerx. We did a thread like this a couple of years ago that has a good deal of old logos on it that are not on this site's collection.

The North Texas logo above is known to Mean Green fans as "the Flying Worm." and it is from the Hayden Fry era (1973-78). Yes, UNT used two shades of green in those days:

1024.jpg?md=1361155959000

1024.jpg?md=1361156156000

FsQiF2W.png

Ohio State. 60's/70's Brutus Buckeye from an old pennant of minevintagebrutusbuckeye.jpg

OK... that's F'd up.

Happy Faschnact Day!

Or any other vintage/old style mascot logos? I think they are so classic and I'm doing a personal project with them.

The first couple aren't P.C., but here's a few old Illinois logos.

resizedmagnet.gif

1024.jpg?md=1361160654000

I KNOW I've seen that exact same Indian on some old 50s cartoons. Looney Tunes, Popeye...something along those lines.

87Redskins.png

As a collector of old, often forgotten and lost, college logos, I find this to be a GREAT thread. Thanks to everyone who has posted these great logos, particularly ColorWerx. We did a thread like this a couple of years ago that has a good deal of old logos on it that are not on this site's collection.

The North Texas logo above is known to Mean Green fans as "the Flying Worm." and it is from the Hayden Fry era (1973-78). Yes, UNT used two shades of green in those days:

1024.jpg?md=1361155959000

1024.jpg?md=1361156156000

Anybody else see EJC? I remember a lot of logos in the late 70's and 80's had designs like this. Mostly shapes put together to resemble an animal.

Apparently an ad was run with that logo recently:

stanford-indians.jpg

Not surprising. I grew up in the South Bay, and we had several family friends who were Stanford grads. They never considered Stanford the Cardinal. As far as they are concerned, they were still the Indians, and would always refer to them as such. When you go to Stanford games, a lot of the grads still don their Indians gear.

Archived