Talk of possible new Jaguars logo

makhlakh

I can't say I consider the new logo an upgrade by any means. It basically looks like one of the decent logos in an old Madden game that you could recolor for your custom team. It's a decent, clip-arty looking illustration, but it renders pretty horribly as a logo. There's just too many details and thin lines, and the shading is completely unnecessary. I will admit, however, that it didn't look too bad on the helmet that someone posted. I still don't like it, but it rendered better on a black helmet than it does on its own.

For what it's worth, I really like what CJWorks did. It's somewhat of a lateral move from what they had, but significantly better than the new logo. I'll also admit that I really liked the old logo. A few tweaks would've gone a long way, rather than re-drawing the whole thing.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For crying out loud. MOD EDIT Nothing is good enough. Its a logo. Its not an illustration. Just not stylized enough for some folks liking. I'm starting to think unless frasier davidson makes a logo its just not good enough. MOD EDIT I like it. Not voltron. Maybe a bit thundercats. I really miss "cartoony" logos of old, but you just can't trot out a 60s animated jaguar without it looking like the pink panther. Its fresh and well done. Wordmark isn't great, but par for the course for jacksonville. Crazyanna nailed it with the 90s, in living color take on the old logo. Couldve looked sharp on a claire huxtable dress. I always liked the old logo, but side by side reveals how dated it is. MOD EDIT

Also, yet again, looks like another black outline with no keyline for black backgrounds, just like the Panthers. C'mon, guys.

Did the Jags have one before? They didn't on the helmets.

740551.jpg

That's about the only thing I liked about the old helmet logo, so I'm glad to see that they didn't succumb to one on the sharp new logo.

Also, yet again, looks like another black outline with no keyline for black backgrounds, just like the Panthers. C'mon, guys.

Did the Jags have one before? They didn't on the helmets.

740551.jpg

That's about the only thing I liked about the old helmet logo, so I'm glad to see that they didn't succumb to one on the sharp new logo.

Eh, guess you're right on that one. The shield logo looks awkward to me, still. But with such thin lines, not having a keyline doesn't make much of a difference on a helmet.

MOD EDIT It's a sports logos board -- people are allowed to have opinions and offer suggestions.

I like the new logo. It's streamlined and it has more teal in it. On it's own, it's nice.

Definitely an upgrade.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

After several staring sessions with the new logo, the only thing that I think I don't like is the shading. I think if the shading was gone, it would look fine.

edit: And after showing it to non-design orientated people, the one comment that I have heard multiple times is that it looks more like a cheetah now.

Oh no! Those LA Express rumors were true! :P

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

the new logo looks appropriately drawn for a high school team. the drawing style is more realistic than the previous, the proportions being more life like, the spots, and the odd shading on the face. the strangest thing is this is nowhere near being a better logo than the other. it signifies no real change, just change for the sake of it. you usually see logos updated and being better drawn, more modern, more appropriate for what it represents, but like the Panthers this goes in the wrong direction. the only thing they've really done here is take a very good logo and make it look terrible.

same thing with the wordmark; nothing was wrong there and i dont see much unity between word mark and primary logo, the lines and shapes are so different. the removal of the strokes might be an improvement, we'll just see how they use it in applications.

i thought i wouldnt get any worse than the Panthers logo last year, but man the Jags are trying there best. and actually im going to say this is the worst identity in the NFL

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

the new logo looks appropriately drawn for a high school team. the drawing style is more realistic than the previous, the proportions being more life like, the spots, and the odd shading on the face. the strangest thing is this is nowhere near being a better logo than the other. it signifies no real change, just change for the sake of it. you usually see logos updated and being better drawn, more modern, more appropriate for what it represents, but like the Panthers this goes in the wrong direction. the only thing they've really done here is take a very good logo and make it look terrible.

same thing with the wordmark; nothing was wrong there and i dont see much unity between word mark and primary logo, the lines and shapes are so different. the removal of the strokes might be an improvement, we'll just see how they use it in applications.

i thought i wouldnt get any worse than the Panthers logo last year, but man the Jags are trying there best. and actually im going to say this is the worst identity in the NFL

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Archived