Talk of possible new Jaguars logo

makhlakh

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jags.jpg

Outstanding!!!

While I still have issues with the overall shape of the cat's head (it is too flat and elongated to accurately represent the shape of a jaguar's skull, which is larger and boxier), this clean-up represents a major improvement in terms of the overall style in which the logo is rendered. I would also suggest breaking-up the solid teal eye with some sort of highlight.

That said, this is significantly better than the Jaguars' new logo as it currently exists.

Any word on who designed this, by the way. I'm wondering if it's one of Khan's friends/employees from Illinois, but I'm not sure.

I recall a specific designer show casing some mock-ups for new Rams logos that Khan had him do (or maybe he took his own initiative to do) when Khan was close to buying the Rams. (I saw them well after the fact when it wasn't a possibility.)

I can't remember specifics, but I remember thinking they looked like well done pieces but not logos, especially not sports logos. That's how I feel about the new Jags design, too, thus my curiosity.

How is this any different than what Carolina did to modernize theirs?

its not a lot different from that one but the Carolina logo suffers from a ton of sloppy curve/paths/shapes and horrible tangents. this one is fairly well crafted, just not NFL appropriate

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I've never had a logo where in the corse of 24 hours, I went from hating to really, really liking it, simply by looking at it more, but with this one that is what happened.

For me every time I see logo by itself I don't like it. Looks too cartoony. But then when I see new/old side by side I really like the new logo. But then by itself I don't like it that much again. It's an ugly circle. They need to keep the old logo next to it now, just to keep me happy. Ha.

Anyone else wish the wordmark had some teal in it. Don't like it with just gold and black.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Combine the simplified color scheme, more geometric shapes, and bold line work - particularly where the spots are concerned - of 1stDownCreative's take on the new logo...

jags.jpg

... with the proportions from shoresidejake's tweak...

FfWMgsX.png

... and add the eye from burgundy's take on the logo...

jaguars-redo_zps3a85143b.png

... and you'd have a winner.

Send that to them NOW!!!! Amazing

FSU2.gif

You know it is too bad they could never make a deal with Jaguar the car company, that first logo that looked like the hood orniment was the best.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I love it when a team releases a new logo and people here immediately try to "fix it" and end up making concepts that are much worse.

Give the new logo a chance to sink in and breathe.

The blue nose cat rocks.

I think you miss the point of these boards. Trying to fix what is, in our individual opinions, "wrong" with logos is kinda what we do.

For the record, a lot of these versions are better in their own right, but not quite there. I don't really like the two tufts of hair on the chins that everybody is keeping. Smoothing that out would do wonders.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Any word on who designed this, by the way. I'm wondering if it's one of Khan's friends/employees from Illinois, but I'm not sure.

I recall a specific designer show casing some mock-ups for new Rams logos that Khan had him do (or maybe he took his own initiative to do) when Khan was close to buying the Rams. (I saw them well after the fact when it wasn't a possibility.)

I can't remember specifics, but I remember thinking they looked like well done pieces but not logos, especially not sports logos. That's how I feel about the new Jags design, too, thus my curiosity.

I thought I saw someone post Studio Simon.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I really don't get this sense of "I am right, everyone else is wrong" attitude many have shown here. Even some of the board's more respectable members have been caught up in it. I personally don't get how anyone can view the new logo as anything more than a comic book drawing, but I realize that some do like it and they are entitled to that. Despite this, a lot of these tweaks and concepts people have come up with are really good. I think the new logo has the right idea, but the execution just is not there. It needs more dynamism and boldness. Right now it is static and over detailed; just does not look like it belongs in the NFL. I think many of these concepts fix this, and, with a few tweaks, would be more appropriate for the team.

maehl.png

I thought I saw someone post Studio Simon.

i'd be quite surprised if it were a Simon logo. dosen't look too strongly like anyone i know. my best guess is NFL Creative

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I really don't get this sense of "I am right, everyone else is wrong" attitude many have shown here. Even some of the board's more respectable members have been caught up in it. I personally don't get how anyone can view the new logo as anything more than a comic book drawing, but I realize that some do like it and they are entitled to that. Despite this, a lot of these tweaks and concepts people have come up with are really good. I think the new logo has the right idea, but the execution just is not there. It needs more dynamism and boldness. Right now it is static and over detailed; just does not look like it belongs in the NFL. I think many of these concepts fix this, and, with a few tweaks, would be more appropriate for the team.

Exactly on all accounts

Archived