Talk of possible new Jaguars logo

makhlakh

It's amazing how the combination of a few tweaks from various designers on this message board (that don't even know each other, mind you) can turn out better than what was created by professionals working in one of the most prestigious areas of logo design. I don't know if it's the fault of the artists who created the logo or the Jaguars organization for having little-to-no taste / sense of design, but it's extremely upsetting. For shame. Good work though CCSLC in blowing the new logo out of the water with some of the concepts/tweaks I've seen in the last few pages.

+1

but those guys who have shown their vision of it are professionals ;)

Very true. In this case: Professionals who are better suited to work on the Jaguars than the guys that actually do it. Don't get me wrong, I think that the NFL has the best logos out of the 4 major sports-- but this new logo is a joke.

Speaking of which, it may have been covered earlier in the thread, but I missed it.... does anyone know the agency/designer responsible for this?

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

n33Rc0p.png

I like that... I like that a LOT.

This is my new favorite version of the Jags

That's fantastic.

+1.

personally i like the old Jags logo better just because i like things that are a bit more abstract, but again we see how simple shapes and bold lines really change the whole look/feel. the proportions i like too, it's easier on the eyes, but the current logo is fine there. if they want a squished head, it dosent bother me too much.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

My opinion on the one right above that everyone is saying is the answer: the lines are way too thick. and the head is WAY too squished (probably the #1 thing bugging me). It is too vertical to horizontal and there are just some problems with the points. It needs to be refined and drawn better. Looks like a bad trace.

Just an opinion and honest critique.

n33Rc0p.png

I like that... I like that a LOT.

This is my new favorite version of the Jags

That's fantastic.

Agreed. Very well done. Will they listen though?

Listen? What do mean? Will they change the logo they just dropped an unknowable amount of time, money, and energy on, to instead go with a tweaked version of that logo posted on what is, to them, some random website?

Um...

I'm gonna say no.

If you can't beat 'em...

So you guys have done a nice job updating the Jags brand new look, but I think I found just the tweaks that will put it over the top.

First, no one has drawn a logo yet. They are still just illustrations. Second, it's too curvy, so I straightened out some lines. Third, the colors need a tweak to be more marketable, so I changed the teal to a blue shade. Fourth, I simplified the design to make it more iconic.

406.gif

Am I doing it right?

If you can't beat 'em...

So you guys have done a nice job updating the Jags brand new look, but I think I found just the tweaks that will put it over the top.

First, no one has drawn a logo yet. They are still just illustrations. Second, it's too curvy, so I straightened out some lines. Third, the colors need a tweak to be more marketable, so I changed the teal to a blue shade. Fourth, I simplified the design to make it more iconic.

406.gif

Am I doing it right?

homey_overandoveragain.gif

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

looking at BIB's version and the official, it dawned on me why his proportions probably seemed so much more "eye pleasing". it's always cool to see people who can naturally design by the golden ratio. notice that not only does it make use of all the areas in this circle composed of 1.618 divisions, but the alignment of shapes/lines, and how they fall into the points and guides.

screenshot20130207at111.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

looking at BIB's version and the official, it dawned on me why his proportions probably seemed so much more "eye pleasing". it's always cool to see people who can naturally design by the golden ratio. notice that not only does it make use of all the areas in this circle composed of 1.618 divisions, but the alignment of shapes/lines, and how they fall into the points and guides.

screenshot20130207at111.png

Is that a satanic jaguar logo? :devil:

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

If you can't beat 'em...

406.gif

Am I doing it right?

Looks like clip art.

(That's become my new favorite saying.) :P

Archived