Talk of possible new Jaguars logo

makhlakh

not terrible. make the nose black, and maybe the pupil of the eye teal; not the entire eyeball.

old one was definitely better.

edit: didn't even realize the darker gold. the logo would probably look better without that.

edit2: i can't stop looking at it. it's jarring. the logo would definitely be better without it.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this definitely looks more like an actual jaguar than the old logo. That being said, the old logo looks more like a logo for a professional football team. I don't think this logo is going to look good on a helmet at all. It looks like it could be a logo for a small college.

Yeah, it looks like a jaguar. But, it looks like a cartoon jaguar. It seriously kind of what Voltron would look like if they attempted to be realistic. It's just not befitting of a sports team.

To illustrate my point. This is a logo. Whatever imperfections you might find, it's stylistically a logo.

eakbhfhxnv31fffgnct3ltlrd.gif

This is a drawing:

8856_jacksonville_jaguars-alternate-2013.png

Exactly. The new mark is an illustration. Maybe it could work with the right overall branding direction, but it's clear that this team wants an ultra-modern Seahawks-esque look. This thing, in addition to being a downgrade in its own right, will just look mismatched with their new uniforms.

Reminds me of the IUPUI update from a few years ago. The shading is too much. If you remove the darker shade of gold I think it looks decent.

But, the font is atrocious. It's so generic. The old identity will be missed.

Nitpicking here (it's what I do best), but that IUPUI reference is incorrect. The more detailed version is considered a "Spirit" mark; it didn't replace the previous identity.

Back on topic - I think I might like the new Jags logo better...maybe.

Bahahaha worst logo change of all time. Ladies and gentlemen your Jacksonville Pewee Jaguars.

I wouldn't call this the WORST logo change of all time... but it's up there. Downgrade, overall.

I have a feeling that the Jags will be the New York Islanders of the NFL.

logowtype.jpg

I mean, it's not a HORRIBLE logo, but the Jaguars had it right the first time. No need for a logo change.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Looks faster now and thank god they got rid of those cheesey-puff stripes. The original just looks like some artistic rendering of a jaguar that belongs on some sort of 90's painting on the set of Living Color or The Arsenio Hall Show and not a logo.

Nice update!

579772_10151326933453863_539631242_n.jpg

...if this makes any sense, it looks friendlier than the old logo.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived