Canucks to honour the Vancouver Millionaires

randyc

I'd say the Kings have gone through just as many logos, if not more.

More. If you don't count color changes, the Canucks have had three primary logos. The Kings have had six.

Yet just about every logo had something to do with a King and/or a crown. The Canucks utilized three completely different and disconnected logos that had nothing to do with one another what so ever. It was like three complete identity overhauls. I just don't seem to view the Kings as having that drastic of an overhaul except when they went from Purple and Yellow to Black and Silver in '88. Even the current logo and uniform set seems almost like a return to the '88 look with a slightly different logo. Again, its just my take on it. I totally get how people can think otherwise.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say the Kings have gone through just as many logos, if not more.

More. If you don't count color changes, the Canucks have had three primary logos. The Kings have had six.

Yet just about every logo had something to do with a King and/or a crown. The Canucks utilized three completely different and disconnected logos that had nothing to do with one another what so ever. It was like three complete identity overhauls. I just don't seem to view the Kings as having that drastic of an overhaul except when they went from Purple and Yellow to Black and Silver in '88. Even the current logo and uniform set seems almost like a return to the '88 look with a slightly different logo. Again, its just my take on it. I totally get how people can think otherwise.

No your abosolutely right. Anyone who thinks the Canucks haven't gone through more drastic identity changes than any other team in the NHL doesn't know what they're talking about.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Dear God,

Please let Schneider wear a recolored version of that mask full-time. That thing is awesome.

Thank you.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Isn't that the Minnesota number and nameplate font?

Also, here's Schneider's mask for the event: Pretty swass.

8527655211_8a113ca34e.jpg

That's a DaveArt lid, all right. Would've been nice if it were flat and non-3D and shiny.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Isn't that the Minnesota number and nameplate font?

Also, here's Schneider's mask for the event: Pretty swass.

8527655211_8a113ca34e.jpg

That's a DaveArt lid, all right. Would've been nice if it were flat and non-3D and shiny.

Yeah, this style needed to die two years ago.

Also I really hate portraits of other players (or people in general) on goalie masks. They always look tacky. Like commemorative plate tacky.

Ah

You guys make it sound as if pro hockey players have taste or are refined.

It's one of the dangers of the masks designs ending up in a forum on sports design. :hockeysmiley:

I like the mask in a vacuum.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

• 2 weeks later...

Also I really hate portraits of other players (or people in general) on goalie masks. They always look tacky. Like commemorative plate tacky.

Isn't that one of the reasons why they are doing this? For commemorative purposes? Isn't that a throwback when you think about it?

Maroon helmets!

Tonight's program:

http://nucksnation.net/millionaires/

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Archived