randyc

Canucks to honour the Vancouver Millionaires

I'd say the Kings have gone through just as many logos, if not more.

More. If you don't count color changes, the Canucks have had three primary logos. The Kings have had six.

Yet just about every logo had something to do with a King and/or a crown. The Canucks utilized three completely different and disconnected logos that had nothing to do with one another what so ever. It was like three complete identity overhauls. I just don't seem to view the Kings as having that drastic of an overhaul except when they went from Purple and Yellow to Black and Silver in '88. Even the current logo and uniform set seems almost like a return to the '88 look with a slightly different logo. Again, its just my take on it. I totally get how people can think otherwise.

I'd say the Kings have gone through just as many logos, if not more.

More. If you don't count color changes, the Canucks have had three primary logos. The Kings have had six.

Yet just about every logo had something to do with a King and/or a crown. The Canucks utilized three completely different and disconnected logos that had nothing to do with one another what so ever. It was like three complete identity overhauls. I just don't seem to view the Kings as having that drastic of an overhaul except when they went from Purple and Yellow to Black and Silver in '88. Even the current logo and uniform set seems almost like a return to the '88 look with a slightly different logo. Again, its just my take on it. I totally get how people can think otherwise.

No your abosolutely right. Anyone who thinks the Canucks haven't gone through more drastic identity changes than any other team in the NHL doesn't know what they're talking about.

Here's my guess what the numbers will look like based off of 1,2,3,5,6,7 which have been seen in pictures.

MillsVintageNumbers_zpsad761e51.png

So I emailed the Canucks shop and these will only be available in Canucks store. Anyone gonna purchase some to sell that lives in the area?

Isn't that the Minnesota number and nameplate font?

Also, here's Schneider's mask for the event: Pretty swass.

8527655211_8a113ca34e.jpg

better than his current one IMO.

Dear God,

Please let Schneider wear a recolored version of that mask full-time. That thing is awesome.

Thank you.

That's a DaveArt lid, all right. Would've been nice if it were flat and non-3D and shiny.

That's a DaveArt lid, all right. Would've been nice if it were flat and non-3D and shiny.

Yeah, this style needed to die two years ago.

Also I really hate portraits of other players (or people in general) on goalie masks. They always look tacky. Like commemorative plate tacky.

You guys make it sound as if pro hockey players have taste or are refined.

Ah

You guys make it sound as if pro hockey players have taste or are refined.

It's one of the dangers of the masks designs ending up in a forum on sports design. :hockeysmiley:

I like the mask in a vacuum.

what if lu plays lol

He's starting tonight, innit?

His mask design is very nice and clean (as are most of his recent masks anyway).

Canucks-Millionaires-Goalie-Schneider-Luongo-6.jpg

Anyone know if they will be changing the center ice logo? That would really cap off the day... I realize it is only one game but still, it would be nice to see.

Also I really hate portraits of other players (or people in general) on goalie masks. They always look tacky. Like commemorative plate tacky.

Isn't that one of the reasons why they are doing this? For commemorative purposes? Isn't that a throwback when you think about it?

Anyone know if they will be changing the center ice logo? That would really cap off the day... I realize it is only one game but still, it would be nice to see.

No dice.