Super Bowl XLVIII Logo

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember reading the NFL wants a standardized logo for the Super Bowl itself, and unique regional logos/colors to "decorate" the game. They want the best of both worlds. Looks like the policy won't be going away anytime soon....

This is what is driving me nuts, they could have the best of both worlds. Go back to the unique regional logo/colors just make sure the Lombardi trophy is in the logo. heck, the NFL could even require that the Lombardi trophy must be a certain size in the logo.

This is not impossible to do NFL brass.. :angered:

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

It's completely sad how the NFL is drifting into a direction of dullness so fast. I remember all those awesome logos from the past and it's like when I look at each one, they tell the story of how that Super Bowl went down, now I look at the recent, standardized logos, it doesn't conjure the same effect as the other logos.

Actually you can't really tell who played in the game with the old logos. You could just tell where it was.

Actually I can. I can associate who played in the game based on the logo... You might not be able to, but You can show me a logo and I can tell you who played in it without looking it up.

I agree

I'm not that good, but I definitely do remember some of the patches on the jerseys and I remember that way. I remember Favre won the Super Bowl in New Orleans, the Patriots won the Super Bowl in Houston with that awesome logo. I remembered the Patriots wont the Super Bowl after 9/11, too, but I didn't remember where it was because of the switched logo.

Too bad the NFL doesn't do the Super Bowl logo anymore cause I would've bet you anything that the logo was going to look like Broadway since the game is in New York.

2349.gif

Close enough.

True and the WrestleMania 29 logo would've been a perfect SB logo just replace WrestleMania with SuperBowl.

Too bad the NFL doesn't do the Super Bowl logo anymore cause I would've bet you anything that the logo was going to look like Broadway since the game is in New York.

2349.gif

Close enough.

True and the WrestleMania 29 logo would've been a perfect SB logo just replace WrestleMania with SuperBowl.

Word.

wrestlemania29logo.jpg

Well, I suppose since the Super Bowl has become more of a corporate event over the years, they wanted some bland corporate logo. I'll never understand it. As others have said, I really enjoyed the secondary logos they had in NOLA this year. I thought those were 1,000x better than the standardized one. I really hate seeing the same logo patch on the front of the players' jerseys every year.

2349.gif

Close enough.

Word.

wrestlemania29logo.jpg

I think WrestleMania 29 has probably the best logo yet for a WrestleMania, if only instead of "NY/NJ" it said "XXIX". That's my only beef with it.

I really hate seeing the same logo patch on the front of the players' jerseys every year.

That's where I think the standardized logo looks the best.

I'm not a fan of a standardized logo scheme in principle, but if they're going to do it I think they have chosen a fantastic logo to base it on.

If the NFL is hell bent on keeping some sort of standardized logo format, Id rather see them go the way of the Final Four. Keep the same basic layout/font for each year, but dress it up so that each one is different and reflects the host city. Stick the NFL logo in there, along with the Lombardi Trophy, and I guess it wouldnt be so bad. Beats the hell out of the current system.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Erin Andrews posted this promo picture for next year that has logo on it and she works for FOX so I assume it's legit. It's not letting me put it on here so its just a link to her tweet of it. Not a spam link

https://twitter.com/...495585353347072

x2_10c64ea5.jpg

So if it's Super Bowl 48, why is there a 34 on the chest of the robot?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

2349.gif

Close enough.

Word.

wrestlemania29logo.jpg

I think WrestleMania 29 has probably the best logo yet for a WrestleMania, if only instead of "NY/NJ" it said "XXIX". That's my only beef with it.

Same here and I thought that's was the alternate logo and that the real logo either have 29 or XXIX

Archived