Sign in to follow this  
NDFreek

Hollywood Stars - Fantasy Baseball Team

Hey guys,

For the past few days I've been working on my fantasy team's new identity. Last year I was called the Minnesota Mammoths, and I did win the league. However, the name got tiresome. When I was looking for places to relocate (towns/cities without MLB teams), I looked at California as an option. I remember watching a video about 3-4 months ago about the PBL in the 1940's.

Anyways I love the Hollywood Stars name so I decided to give my team its namesake.

So, let me introduce to you, The Hollywood Stars!

Jersey Set:

Untitled_zps325e8716.png

Cap logos:

ogo_zps3e55de22.png

Let me know what you think, I haven't posted it to my leagues facebook group yet, I wanted some C&C first.

When I think Hollywood Stars I think black, gold, white and maybe a little silver as team colours but that's just me.

I really like the alternate with the sign and to me what looks like spotlights on the star. That screams primary to me more than the star.

I don't know if you meant to do this but the home jersey is off-white/sand and the pants are white, it makes it look like a mismatched jersey as they are both used as light colours for pants and jerseys in the MLB (San Diego). I would pick one of either white or off-white/sand and stay with it for the jersey and pants.

I actually have reasons why I picked the colors, I should have mentioned it before.

-Red is for the iconic red carpets at primeres

-Gold for a trophy like an Oscar or Golden Globe

-black & gray for the begining of movies (a black and white feel)

I did have white at first but wasnt pleased with how it looked.

As for the home uniforms that's a mistake on my part. I have two files of the sets, one with the sandy jerseys one with white. I guess I never saved the sandy jersey completely and didnt save the pants. I wanted a "Golden Age" feel to them, but from looking at how the sandy ones turned out, white would be better.

I intended for an H in the primary star logo, but it would appear to much like the new Astro set. The secondary featuring a star above the Hollywood sign being shown in spotlights was the final product of a failed inugural season patch actually. I could see it being a primary however.

That's what I was going to say, most people associate red stars with Communism. However, given how much Hollywood got screwed over in the McCarthy hearings, it might be a fitting tribute.

Ah yes, the red scare. Most of those actors never acted again

Yeah...red stars, and gold stars on red, are far too communist for a Hollywood baseball team. I like the idea of including red for the red carpets, but it should definitely be demoted to a tertiary color. What should replace it, I'm not sure, but it's just too Soviet/Mao right now.

I played around with some colors.

logos_zpsf52e6593.png

I took monkeypower's advice on black, white and gold. I used red, white, and blue because those originally were the stars colors, I'd hate to turn this team into a RWB one, even more so because the logo is a star.

Out of context, the RWB combo is great...but I think that the star logo and the color combo is too similar to other baseball teams. That combo screams Rangers or Phillies.

Of the other three, Black-White-Gold is my favorite...as a suggestion, why not play with a light orange?

I'd say either of the two on the right...of course, using orange in any capacity may be a little too Astros-esque.

Just had another thought...why not use the Los Angeles flag for your colors?

flag-of-city-los-angeles.jpg

I'm partial to blue (navy) and red like the original Stars, but that's just me.

Way too Texas Rangers like

rangers_zps008b8938.jpg

Fair points...I like those combos with Red-Yellow-Green...especially the two with the green backgrounds (green with the yellow star is awesome). That said, though, Black-White-Gold is probably still my favorite.

UPDATE

Untitledupdate_zpsbe48d460.png

-Went with white, gold, and gray color scheme

-Made the gold darker

Gorgeous.

One suggestion, though: have you tried the numbers on the other side of the jersey front for the home and the away? It would probably look ridiculous on the alt.