2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

Well, its almost that time boys & girls... A new season will shortly begin in Daytona for the Great American Race. The Daytona 500.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a lot this season, especially the gen 6 cars. It leads to many question this season the one that sticks out is will Jimmie get his 6th or will Bad Brad repeat in a Ford? Or will someone else take it entirely?

The shootout happens 2/16 same day as Chevy unveils their street version of the SS (still wish it was called a Chevelle)

NASCAR-Gen6-Cars.jpg

I'm just glad we can tell what is what now, hopefully Dodge comes back sooner than later...

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really need a shorter season/longer offseason. It's like I just got done hearing about Brad winning. Not enough time to really reflect on the season that was. Granted, I know I am in the minority when it comes to that opinion .... same with most of my opinions on NASCAR.

I guess my support will still fall behind Carl Edwards until there is somebody that comes along to change that. Really wish Martin was running a full schedule.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Cannot wait! The CoT gave us one thing, and that was safety. Now with this car, finally we can get back to where it once was. I think it's open season on who can contend for a championship.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Eight days until the "Sprint Unlimited" is run. This should be a great test for the Gen 6 cars. From the feedback I've been reading on Twitter and elsewhere on the internet, the drivers LOVE this car.

What's most intriguing to me about this season is the truck race at Eldora.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

What's not to like? I love how the new cars look, from the test's, their faster than the CoT plus they're better looking IMO. I'm still hoping that these cars will allow other manufactures to come in or in Dodge's case, come back. Eldora does intrigue me as well.

baltimoreravens.png

Give it four or five years it will fizzle out. Same thing happened when she was in IndyCar. After awhile all of the drivers, as well as the fans got sick of her childish tirades.

I find that an odd statement. Far many drivers have acted childish over the years - the Busch brothers and Carl Edwards come to mind - yet their actions are for the most part celebrated or ignored. She made ONE big action at the Indy 500, one that was tame compared to Clint Bowyer at Phoenix last season. Are statements like yours and others made by some in the media because she's a female? Is it because she's not from the South?

I remember when Jeff Gordon came onto the scene in 1992. Many fans didn't like him immediately, because he was an open-wheeler from CA, racing out of Indiana. If the internet was as big then as now, who knows what rumors would have been spread about him.

She's not the stereotypical NASCAR driver. She's a female. But remember, champions like Alan Kulwicki were different, too. He was Polish, Catholic, college educated. People didn't like him either.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Whatever good Danica does, is good for the sport. I wish her the best success, she's a fine driver. Yeah, I'm sure people will still pull the "She's only here because she's a Woman card" because in 2013 heck they can vote now too, what a world we live in! She's the best woman driver Auto Racing has seen, Tony Stewart just doesn't believe in crap or flash-in-the-pan type drivers, he believes in talent.

Heck what if she wins the thing on Sunday, what if she makes the chase, and what if she contends for the whole damn thing?

Only good things can come of this.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived