2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

Next worst kept secret from silly season...

http://www.racer.com/kyle-larson-confirmed-as-montoyas-replacement-at-egr/article/309650/

"We believe that Kyle is the future of this sport," said Ganassi. "He's a unique talent. Let me be very clear that this is a racing decision. We felt Kyle was the best short and long-term future for the team."

"We're thrilled to have Kyle and nothing he's done makes us feel he can't handle the move to the Sprint Cup series," Ganassi said. "For sure there are going to be growing pains, but we think he's ready."

ROTY for next season should be interesting.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allmendinger will drive the #47 JTG Daughtery Racing Toyota full time for the 2014 season.

Awesome for AJ, he deserved another shot.

And if the rumor is true that JTG-Daughtery Racing will move to Chevrolet, it'll help him out immensely.

Toyota has a caste system: JGR, MWR, then the rest. Even though JTG Daugherty had a "relationship" with Michael Waltrip, it wasn't like the ones SHR has with Hendrick or Furniture Row has with RCR. In addition, Chevy teams will have limited sharing with the other teams at testing, will Toyota likes to be selfish.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Your link isn't working for me, Cujo. I'm getting a '403 Forbidden' error.

As for the sprint cup race, really thought Gordon could do it. He really needs to work on his restarts. Right now, he sucks at it. This is coming from a fan of his. Even when he was at the middle of the field, he was spinning the tires. Same thing happened last week too.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I heard what happened, and I really wish I had FS1. I Love road course races. I thought it was hilarious when Papis got slapped. That's the only part they showed on ESPN. He claims the woman dislocated his jaw, which I doubt, but he got hit pretty hard.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The truck race in its entirety was great! So many young guns - Elliott, Dillon, Wallace Jr, Blaney - showing up well. The "Invaders" - Mad Max, Skeen, etc - also were good. I loved the last lap. I knew there was going to be at least a bump, but Dillon tried to chop Chase Elliott, and caused that big crash.

I loved how "Pop Pop" Childress tried to deflect ALL blame from Ty onto Chase. I laughed when several drivers that competed against Ty in ARCA reminded him and others of how Dillon drove - "his bumper saw more action than a Las Vegas gigolo" - he pretty much was silent after that.

Skeen's girlfriend slapping Papis was something I've never seen in all 45 years of racing I can remember. Okay, closer to 43.

The truck race in its entirety was great! So many young guns - Elliott, Dillon, Wallace Jr, Blaney - showing up well. The "Invaders" - Mad Max, Skeen, etc - also were good. I loved the last lap. I knew there was going to be at least a bump, but Dillon tried to chop Chase Elliott, and caused that big crash.

I loved how "Pop Pop" Childress tried to deflect ALL blame from Ty onto Chase. I laughed when several drivers that competed against Ty in ARCA reminded him and others of how Dillon drove - "his bumper saw more action than a Las Vegas gigolo" - he pretty much was silent after that.

Skeen's girlfriend slapping Papis was something I've never seen in all 45 years of racing I can remember. Okay, closer to 43.

Is that assault??

I hate to say it, but I think Jeff misses the chase this year, I just don't see him winning Richmond

What's worse is that he's had good runs these last two weeks and just didn't finish well. Granted, working his way up to 6th from around 14th or 15 over the last 20 or so laps was good, but he was running in the top 5 all night and had one of the two or three best cars. If he finished well the last two weeks he'd be in 10th right now.

I'm optimistic about Richmond based on last year. That was a pretty clutch performance.

IUe6Hvh.png

Is that assault??

it would be in the U.S. but I'm not sure what the Canadian authorities have to say

I hate to say it, but I think Jeff misses the chase this year, I just don't see him winning Richmond

What's worse is that he's had good runs these last two weeks and just didn't finish well. Granted, working his way up to 6th from around 14th or 15 over the last 20 or so laps was good, but he was running in the top 5 all night and had one of the two or three best cars. If he finished well the last two weeks he'd be in 10th right now.

I'm optimistic about Richmond based on last year. That was a pretty clutch performance.

Technically, Jeff doesn't have to win. He just needs to get ahead of Ku. Busch in the points, which is currently a 6 point deficit. So say Gordon gets 2nd at Richmond. If Kurt get 8th, they are tied. Then they would have to based off of a tie breaker. Since none would have wins, they would have to go based on Top 5's, in which Kurt would get the 10th spot.

Now, if Gordon gets 2nd and Kurt gets 9th in the race, then there would be no need for a tiebreaker as Jeff would get in the top 10 in points while Kurt would be on the outside looking in by a single point.

This is all taking into consideration that 1-9 in the points would stay the same coming out of the race and both Jeff and Kurt either 1. both lead a lap without being the most laps, or 2. neither one lead a lap.

Here is what the chase would look like if the chase started NOW

1. Matt Kenseth

2. Kyle Busch (Tiebreaker over JJ base on Top 5's)

3. Jimmie Johnson

4. Kevin Harvick

5. Joey Logano

6. Carl Edwards

7. Greg Biffle

8. Clint Bowyer

9. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

10.Kurt Busch

11th. Kasey Kahne (WC1; WC's do not get bonus points for their wins)

12th Martin Truex Jr.

13th-15th:

Jeff Gordon

Ryan Newman

Brad Keselowski

I'm sorry to say this, but Max Papis deserved that. He slapped someone earlier this year like a little girl, and got slapped like the little girl that he is. I'm sorry, I'm sick of everytime Max Papis races, he gets out of the car and cries like a little girl. I'm sorry Max, but this isn't those other forms of "soccer" racing where if you get near a competitor, they review it and then call a penalty. It's racing, grow up and be a man! And the thing that's worse, is he's the one mentoring the Dillons. Holy freaking cow! Well, after watching Ty get dumped and then cry, he's doing a good job. Somewhere Dale Earnhardt has his head in his head shaking and thinking, "This ain't freaking racing!" I believe that RCR should fire Papis, for being b_____ slapped. That alone is an utter embarrassment. And the fact that he claims she dislocated his jaw too! Max can't even win a girl fight let alone a race. And then he did the manly thing and supposedly assaulted her in the Skeen's trailer. Real class act Max, really class act. Get the hell out of here!

Archived