2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

via Jayski.... RCR is saying....

Wendy Venturini reported at the end of Fox Sports' Race Day that the latest rumor in the garage has Ryan Newman on his way to Richard Childress Racing, but only as the third team, with #31-Jeff Burton moving to a "satellite team" for Childress. The #30 Swan Racing team was mention as the team for Burton, possibly with Caterpillar sponsorship. She also stated that David Stremme, current driver of the Swan Racing #30, is a part owner of that team, possibly complicating the deal.(9-1-2013)
UPDATE: hearing that besides Swan Racing rumor, Jeff Burton could wind up driving a car owned by Tommy Baldwin (#7, #36) with chassis and engines from RCR.(9-3-2013)

Looks like Burton's days could be over. Another Virginia driver goes down :(

baltimoreravens.png

Sucks for Jeff. Just like Bobby Labonte, not given a fair enough shake at things. RCR seems to be more worried about the 29, then the 27 and 31. Same went for Bobby in the 18.

You don't just lose the ability to drive these things, especially before you hit the age of 50.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Marty Smith makes it official: Jeff Burton will not return to RCR. No official word on where he's going, but all signs are pointing to Rocketman Ryan Newman will be the new driver of the 31

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

via Jayski.... RCR is saying....

Wendy Venturini reported at the end of Fox Sports' Race Day that the latest rumor in the garage has Ryan Newman on his way to Richard Childress Racing, but only as the third team, with #31-Jeff Burton moving to a "satellite team" for Childress. The #30 Swan Racing team was mention as the team for Burton, possibly with Caterpillar sponsorship. She also stated that David Stremme, current driver of the Swan Racing #30, is a part owner of that team, possibly complicating the deal.(9-1-2013)

UPDATE: hearing that besides Swan Racing rumor, Jeff Burton could wind up driving a car owned by Tommy Baldwin (#7, #36) with chassis and engines from RCR.(9-3-2013)

Looks like Burton's days could be over. Another Virginia driver goes down :(

I believe Wendy's comments. She's not like others on Fox/Speed: She makes comments ONLY after researching. She comes from a racing family, the Venturinis are ARCA's equivalent to Hendrick.

She's not Kyle Petty, who makes comments to rile up fans. He's not Kenny Wallace, who holds grudges like his brother Rusty but unlike Rusty hasn't moved on or learned from them. She's definitely not Darrel Waltrip, John Roberts or Larry McReynolds who toe the Fox corporate line at ALL times.

So far, she's still looking into confirming the story, but if she said it, it's a 75/25 gonna happen

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

It became official today... Via Jayski

Jeff Burton, driver of the #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet SS for Richard Childress Racing, has announced he will not be driving that car after the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season. Burton, 46, has driven for RCR since 2005.

Caterpillar will continue to sponsor the #31 Chevrolet SS. "Jeff has been a true professional in every sense of the word," said Greg Towles, Cat Racing Program Director. "On behalf of Caterpillar dealers, customers and Cat employees, we thank Jeff for his commitment to the #31 team and the Cat Racing program." A new driver (Ryan Newman rumored) for the #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet SS will be named in the future.

"We have been working hard to try and get all the funding in place to have four Sprint Cup teams in 2014," said Richard Childress, president and CEO of Richard Childress Racing. "With the date on the calendar getting closer to 2014, we just couldn't run partially funded teams next year. Knowing what Jeff's plans were in 2015, he and I worked out an agreement for him to step out of the #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet after this season.

"We intend to finish out 2013 in a strong way and I look forward to the possibility of Jeff still being part of RCR in the near future, just not driving the #31 car. I have been watching his son, Harrison, and the success he's having. Hopefully, we can have another Burton in one of our cars someday."

Sorry to see it happened, but it looks like he's leaving on good terms, who knows we may see another set of Burton's again.

baltimoreravens.png

I feel like he would be an 'Andy Petree' type broadcaster; not bad, but not the best. I'd like to see him retire, maybe go to NBC. He'd be the only one with any experience in these cars.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Mike Skeen's girlfriend, the one who performed the now-infamous Papis Slap, has been INDEFINITELY SUSPENDED for her slap. She has also been fined $2500 and will not be able to return until the fine is paid off.

My reaction: HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Montoya has visited Furniture Row Racing earlier this week while David Stremme is out of a ride after this weekend at RIR.

What I'm getting out of this (just speculation) is that, with the report of Swan racing of becoming a satellite member of RCR, Burton could go over to the 30 while Montoya heads to the cold headquarters of FRR in Denver to drive the 78

Mike Skeen's girlfriend, the one who performed the now-infamous Papis Slap, has been INDEFINITELY SUSPENDED for her slap. She has also been fined $2500 and will not be able to return until the fine is paid off.

My reaction: HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I know Papis gave a slap to Billy Johnson (can't really remember his name) at Road America. The incident between Papis and Skeen was a racing incident, in which it looked like Skeen came into Papis as they entered the corner.

That was a shallow move by Skeen's girlfriend, especially putting into focus what Papis said afterward that "you just don't hit women". That doesn't give them the right to take free, uncontested shots (or in this case, slaps) towards a guy because it's wrong to hit a women.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Although, I've heard other rumblings that Furniture Row is switching manufactures, to ford & Sam Hornish Jr. driving the car (rumored to be a Penske minor team). Although, I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

Furniture Row is basically a satellite for RCR so a move to Penske makes absolutely no sense.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived