2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

Results from Richmond... Dang a lot of broken hearts tonight.

1. Edwards

2. Kurt Busch

3. Newman

4. McMurray

5. Menard

6. Kenseth

7. Truex Jr.

8. Gordon

9. Martin

10. Stenhouse Jr.

Looks like we will have a new champion, Brad has been eliminated from the chase. Truex Jr. got in via a tiebreaker. This is going to be an interesting 10 races to come.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnson definitely needs to get his :censored: together if we're gonna start calling him 6-time, and this is coming from a fan of his. I don't care if it's accidental or not, he definitely hasn't been looking like a 5-time champ this past month. Edwards, Bowyer, and (hate to admit it) Kenseth wouldn't surprise me if they are going into the final race or two as the main contenders.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Seeds:

1. Kenseth

2. Johnson

3. Kyle Busch

4. Harvick

5. Edwards

6. Logano

7. Biffle

8. Bowyer

9. Earnhardt Jr.

10. Kurt Busch

WC # 1 Khane

WC # 2 Truex Jr.

5 Chevy's 4 Toyota's 3 Ford's. This could be anyone's chase, most of them look like a contender.

baltimoreravens.png

Johnson definitely needs to get his :censored: together if we're gonna start calling him 6-time, and this is coming from a fan of his. I don't care if it's accidental or not, he definitely hasn't been looking like a 5-time champ this past month. Edwards, Bowyer, and (hate to admit it) Kenseth wouldn't surprise me if they are going into the final race or two as the main contenders.

I am surprised too how piss-poor Jimmie's been the past few races. Hasn't had a finish better then 30th, I believe.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Everything after that last caution left a bad taste in my mouth.

Me too. Especially now that NASCAR is investigating whether or not Bowyer's wreck was accidental. And regardless of the results of the investigation, Gordon is still likely on the outside looking in when he was in position to make it, pre-wreck.

Apparently his crew chief said that "39 was winning the race," which meant he would get the second wildcard spot that Truex ended up grabbing. He then asked if his arm was starting to hurt, then suggesting he should scratch it. Bowyer then spun out.

IUe6Hvh.png

Then if that is true then dock bowyer points and make it a 14 team chase??

That would be the right thing to do, in my opinion. It's impossible to say what would've happened had the wreck not occured, but Jeff Gordon was about 4 seconds ahead of the next car and 2 points up on Logano in points, so he was in a pretty safe position. Newman looked pretty comfortably in the lead too. Either way, though, Jeff Gordon missing the Chase is his own teams fault. If he either stays out or only takes two tires he'd have been in a good position to make the chase.

IUe6Hvh.png

Brad Daugherty, an owner of JTG Daugherty Racing, called out MWR last night on ABC. And, Brad's team has a relationship with MWR! Rusty Wallace called Bowyer out, as did Ray Evernham. Several NASCAR scribes, predominantly Jenna Fryer, Bob Pockrass, and Nate Ryan, called the spin deliberate. NASCAR's lack of immediate action made them look foolish at best, complicite at worst, in all this.

They wanted to get the stage ready for the 12 Chase drivers ready and did NOTHING, didn't look at video, didn't listen to radio chatter, NOTHING, until this morning when it became apparent something happened. It's too little, too late, unless both MWR drivers are disqualified from the Chase, but that won't happened.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

OFFICIAL: Ryan Newman to race the #31 for RCR in 2014. Good move by Childress, which was really a no-brainer. He will have Caterpillar on the car since it stayed put when Burton left.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I didn't watch the race, but saw the replays and I remember seeing Bowyer had his front right down. Was that the cause or effect of the spin?

Clint Bowyer was the cause of Clint Bowyer's spin. Plain and simple.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

WOW. Bowyer, Truex, and the 55 team have been docked 50 points each, MWR's GM has been suspended indefinitely, and the big one is that Ryan Newman has replaced Truex in the Chase. WOW

Three posts in the same minute? that was quick!

Archived