2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

Yeah, unless the Hierarchy goes bankrupt or gets bored with NASCAR, they won't be leaving especially since the rumors are they're working with Ford & others to work on the Gen 7 car. So they'll won't be leaving for a while. Although, I wouldn't mind Volkswagen coming in, Penske was rumored to go to them for a while. Although, if there is one manufacture I would like to see is Honda. Usually the story is where you find Toyota, Honda isn't far behind or vice versa. It was even rumored that their was a specially developed Ridgeline for Camping World. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an Gen 7Accord. The only others I can think other than those 2? Nissan (who's giving V8 supercars a hand) or Hyundai.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

see what happenes when NO nascar drivers are in a nationwide race???? the point rule is a joke, its not keeping sprint cup drivers out of the races any less, it should be if you have 2-3 years in sprint cup you cant drive in more then 7 races a year, fixes everything IMO

see what happenes when NO nascar drivers are in a nationwide race???? the point rule is a joke, its not keeping sprint cup drivers out of the races any less, it should be if you have 2-3 years in sprint cup you cant drive in more then 7 races a year, fixes everything IMO

They should rename the rule and call it the "Kyle Busch Rule".

It's why Kyle will never be considered a great. He spent too much time beating the crap out of the second and third tier drivers, instead of doing it in the top tier, where the wins should be more important.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Results from Loudon:

1.Kenseth

2. Kyle Busch

3. Biffle

4. Johnson

5. McMurray

6. Earnhardt Jr.

7. Vickers

8. Burton

9. Edwards

10. Truex Jr.

Kenseth get's his 2nd win in the chase. I'd say his chances are looking better, he just had a dominant car, same with Truex.

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for a bit of a chuckle....

Kurt will have the #41 when he get's to SHR, why is this funny?

94806-650-366.jpg

Jimmy Spencer never forgets.... Neither does Kurt :P

This was on twitter as well: Ladies and gents, I have a new car number. Tony picked #14 to honor AJ Foyt, so Im honoring my favorite decrepit old has been in the #41!!

baltimoreravens.png

It's baaaack!

MG_1496-650x433.jpg

Wonder Bread will be the sponsor for Kurt Busch and the 78 team at... Where else? Talladega! He will be using a paint scheme similar to one shown above. Shake and Bake! This is not a joke.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

It's baaaack!

MG_1496-650x433.jpg

Wonder Bread will be the sponsor for Kurt Busch and the 78 team at... Where else? Talladega! He will be using a paint scheme similar to one shown above. Shake and Bake! This is not a joke.

I've gone from hating Kurt Busch to him being one of my favorite drivers this season.

IUe6Hvh.png

I still dont like Kurt, but this is a good opportunity for everyone, and by that I mean Kurt, Furniture Row Racing, an Wonder Bread. It was earlier this week that Wonder Bread returned to grocery store shelves across the nation.

In other sponsorship-relateed news, Ryan Newman will be bringing Quicken Loans over to the #31 RCR team, which all but solidifies his sponsorship needs, now having 3 really strong sponsors (Caterpillar and General Mills (Cheerios, Wheaties, etc) are staying). The 2014 season will probably be a good one sponsorship wise for Newman, as he hasn't really had "Garaunteed" sponsorship coming into a season. Yes, he was fully sponsored in his 5 years with Stewart, but some of those races were sponsored by Gene Haas, the team co-owner, in races that had no garaunteed spots filled. US ARMY and Quicken Loans were great sponsors and QL still is, but now Newman has the best sponsorship since his days at Penske with Alltel (bought out by Verizon) and Mobil 1.

Finally, Ryan will be losing his nickname Ryan 'Bloomin'' Newman as Outback will stay with Stewart-Haas to be a sponsor for Kevin Harvick. Jimmy Johns will also be a sponsor for 12 races, also practrically solidifying theHarvick's sponsorship needs as Budweiser will once again be a primary sponsor, this time for 24 races.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Kurt seems to embrace the classic NASCAR movie paint schemes. My drove the "Me" car (and will drive the Wonder Bread car) from Talladega Nights, and drove the City Chevrolet paint scheme from Days of Thunder in this year's July Nationwide series race.

Speaking of Nationwide, the sponsor will be pulling it's sponsorship of NASCAR's 2nd series division. They'll be looking for only the 3rd sponsorship of that series since it's creation, at least I think I saw it on ESPN's NASCAR section, but now I don't see it.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Yep, its true that Nationwide will be leaving their role as NASCAR's second tier sponsor. They will still be NASCAR's official insurance company and will sponsor teams like the Roush camp and the #17 car. I have no idea who would be a good replacement. Could we see NAPA fill that spot?

Yep, its true that Nationwide will be leaving their role as NASCAR's second tier sponsor. They will still be NASCAR's official insurance company and will sponsor teams like the Roush camp and the #17 car. I have no idea who would be a good replacement. Could we see NAPA fill that spot?

I think we'll see NAPA latch onto Stewart-Haas or Hendrick Motorsports, to be quiet honest. I wouldn't really be surprised if NAPA becomes a sponsor for Roush-Fenway, as long as it's not for Carl Edwards; he has every sponsor but the kitchen sink on that number 99.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Tell me again why Cup drivers, driving cars prepared in and by their Cup teams, is good for the Nationwide series?

cause apparently its what the "fans" want to see, but yet the attendance figures dont reflect that....gosh i miss the 1995-2000 days of this series

Tell me again why Cup drivers, driving cars prepared in and by their Cup teams, is good for the Nationwide series?

Because watching a series full of Stephan Wallace's and Jeffery Earnhardt without the Cup guys is just the ARCA series and very few (me) watch that. Because without the big name Cup drivers, you have nobodies, a few "prospects" and a bunch of old guys... not interesting at all and NASCAR knows that. I don't know where this idea that the Nationwide Series is a developmental league came from, but from the beginning Cup drivers have been racing in it. Dale Earnhardt, DW, Bobby Allison, etc. And the drivers who became Cup drivers and drove against them, said they learned racing against the best. If you can't beat the best, then you'll never know what it is to succeed. I'm sorry to say this, but competing against nobodies, just makes you a prospect and prospects get people fired! If a young driver can't beat Kyle Busch etc in the Nationwide Series, why do you think he's going to beat them in the Cup Series? David Gilliland got his shot at Cup because he beat Cup guys at Kentucky. Do the names Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick, Clint Bowyer, and Denny Hamlin ring a bell? Oh and Kyle was in that race too.

It's also a big learning experience for the young guns. How are these kids gonna get experience if they are driving against people like Stephen Wallace, Jeffery Earnhardt, etc etc? MRN's 'the Godfather' made a good point here (paraphrasing slightly):

A week before the Kentucky race, Ryan Blaney said that he saw some things racing against KyBusch & Logano. He said he would use these things later in his career. Well, apparently 'later' means 'the following week', because he said that he used those things he saw in the previous race to get to the front of the Pack.

Yes, Blaney won against small-name drivers. But he learned from the better drivers that race in that series. So while I don't like seeing Cup guys in the NNS as much as the next guy, it helps these guys a ton. Imagine if these cup guys weren't in the NNS. These newbies would have a really hard time transitioning because the talent levels would increase dramatically, more than what it is now.

EDIT: Guess I should start reading people's posts :P I basically said what oddball said

but the cup guys race in EVERY race just about, from 1995-2000 you only have maybe a handfullish or cups per race now its a least a dozen or more, if cup guys race all the time how can others get good racing with crap cars taking up seat time for others??? there needs to be more stand alone races, like add Hickory, south Boston and Myrtle Beach back to give a few more stand alone races. it alos dont help that most teams are cup teams in the series not alot of fully funded nationwide only teams, i mean you have roush, RCR, gibbs, hendrick all with 2-3 cars per race takeing up funding and such if smaller teams put those guys in cars a few times a year it would not be as bad i think

Results from Dover:

1. Johnson

2. Earnhardt Jr.

3. Logano

4. Gordon

5. Kyle Busch

6. Harvick

7. Kenseth

8. Newman

9. Biffle

10. Bowyer

In all honesty, I'll think they'll be talking about Kenseth & Johnson by the time we get to Homestead. Kansas is up next.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived