2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

Jeff Burton will be part-time, driving and testing for MWR in the #66 car for 2014. Glad to see he's still gonna race.. Not as much for the fact he's racing for Cheaty Waltrip.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff Burton will be part-time, driving and testing for MWR in the #66 car for 2014. Glad to see he's still gonna race.. Not as much for the fact he's racing for Cheaty Waltrip.

I hope Jeff's presence will make Mikey think again about cheating again.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Big day news-wise from the world of NASCAR. Here is what went down:

- NBC announced that Jeff Burton will be an analyst for the network beginning in 2015 when NBC & NBC Sports Network begin broadcasting races.

- In a somewhat surprising announcement, Swan Racing announced that the team will expand to a two-car organization. Parker Kligerman and Cole Whitt were both announced to be drivers for the team, though it is unknown what the second car number will be or who will drive what. It is possible that the second car could be the #26 after Swan used that number in Daytona last February to honor the 26 victims of the Sandy Hook school shooting. Both Parker & Cole will compete for ROTY honors, along with Kyle Larson and Michael Annett and rumored contenders Austin Dillon and Justin Allgaier

- Josh Wise has announced he will leave Front Row (ironic, huh? Well, except for Talladega in April) and will join Phil Parsons Racing as the team changes manufacturer to Chevy.

- Mobil 1 has announced that they have re-signed with Stewart-Haas and will continue to sponsor the #14 Chevy as

well as being an associate sponsor to the #41-Kurt Busch, #4-Kevin Harvick, and #10-Danica Patrick.

- Finally, Jimmie Johnson has told MRN on Tuesday that he is in the works of trying to get Donovan McNabb into a car in the Spring in a ride-along with "6-Pack". Johnson also said that McNabb has been "trying to track (him) down", supposedly about getting into a car or something.

That is the latest from Jayski and the World of NASCAR

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Speaking of news... Via Jayski

Richard Childress Racing has scheduled an announcement for their 2014 plans on the afternoon of Wednesday, December 11 at the RCR facilites in Welcome, NC. It is expected that they will announce Austin Dillon's move to Sprint Cup and the return of the #3

baltimoreravens.png

Surprised that the sale of Iowa Speedway to NASCAR went under the radar here.

NASCAR is not the side of the France family empire which buys tracks, ISC does that.

Yet, no plans for a Sprint Cup race... I hope they get one IMO, Iowa is an underrated track.

NBC has also named their lead announcer, Rick Allen who does the truck races. So from what it looks like, No Bestwick, Andy Petree or Dale Jarrett. So we got Rick Allen & Jeff Burton. I wonder who will be the third?

baltimoreravens.png

NASCAR is not the side of the France family empire which buys tracks, ISC does that.

Yet, no plans for a Sprint Cup race... I hope they get one IMO, Iowa is an underrated track.

It will be hard to give them Iowa a Cup race without ticking off Dover Downs as they shut down both Nashville and Gateway (St. Louis) in the last decade after not getting Cup races and only Busch/Nationwide races. The NASCAR spokesman said, "I want to make one thing really, really clear. (There are) no intentions for Sprint Cup. (A Cup race) certainly is not in (the plans for) 2014 and not for the foreseeable future. Our focus is on the three big race weekends and other entertainment options.".

Remember, publicly-traded ISC is spending millions to the upgrade at Daytona, so the shareholders may not really want any additional money for this year's dividend be spent on a track in Iowa which loses money. Heck, the track went to the Iowa Legislature looking for $8MM in improvements this spring and some vendors were not paid from services performed in the 2012 race season.

The France family will most likely try to flip the property in the next 18 months.

Glad to see #3 is back

Also, I would've expected a handicap sign on Smoke's car :P

Wouldn't surprise me in the least that at Daytona someone will hang a handicap parking card from the rear view mirror. Question is: will it be Clint Bowyer or Kevin Harvick?

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

The DOW Scheme reminds me a lot of Harvick's Jimmy John's Scheme. I like them both, but I love the Cheerio's scheme.

As for Dillon, this brings the grand total of Rookies to 5. This season is gonna be fun

• 5 weeks later...

NBC has also named their lead announcer, Rick Allen who does the truck races. So from what it looks like, No Bestwick, Andy Petree or Dale Jarrett. So we got Rick Allen & Jeff Burton. I wonder who will be the third?

Steve Latarte will be the third announcer.

Archived