2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUMP

Good to see Bristol still brings out some anger...

There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. Denny Hamlin has been flirting with that line over the years. Yes, he didn't mean to spin Joey Logano out, but did he really NOT expect to be approached afterwards?

The racing was good, the drivers themselves commenting that this car is good at the track. There was awesome side by side racing, when Fox didn't go to freaking commercial.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

So all that Bristol frustration carried over. Stewart got blocked by Logano on the restart, then JL set himself up to contend for the lead. Kyle Busch pulled away, but Logano caught up. Hamlin also passed KyBu, so the 11 and 22 fought for the lead. They were neck and neck for the good part of 3 laps, exchanging bumps and the lead. On the last turn, Joey drove up to block Hamlin, Kyle passed them both, and Hamlin spun Joey, then spun around and took a HARD hit on the inside wall. Kyle won, everyone was angry, then Tony came and threw some fists at Joey for the stunt he pulled. After all that, Denny had to be air lifted and no word on him as of now.

Here is the video of the last 12 laps, Hamlin's crash, and the fight. It was the best Fontana race I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TihmP9FQxvw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=IjWexR71DRc&NR=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTzD-2K61SU

I believe with the upcoming week off, that will give Hamlin some time to recover just in time for Martinsville. Last I saw from Martinsville's facebook page, tickets are still available. I doubt that will be the case in the next week or so. Logano vs. Hamlin and Logano vs. Stewart. I actually like Logano and have respected Stewart more since he got his own team. If Hamlin does have to be replaced, Vickers would be the way to go unless he's driving for Waltrip that week. If so, then Sadler should step in.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-denny-hamlin-has-compression-fracture-nascar-sprint

Driver Denny Hamlin suffered a lower back fracture in a brutal crash on the final lap of Sunday’s race at Auto Club Speedway and might miss one or more races as he recovers.

Joe Gibbs Racing said Monday that Hamlin suffered a compression fracture of the L1 vertebrae at the lowest part of the back.

According to a news release from the team, Hamlin is expected to be released from a Fontana area hospital today to return to his home in North Carolina. In Charlotte, Hamlin is scheduled to be examined by surgeon Dr. Jerry Petty, who has treated many NASCAR drivers.

Compression fractures typically take weeks to heal and often involve surgery.

Things aren't looking good for Denny :(

baltimoreravens.png

• 2 weeks later...

Martinsville was today, pretty good race. Gibbs and Hendricks led all but 2 laps. Ambrose led the first, and someone led on a pit stop run. Johnson led over half of the race and came out on top. Danica also finished 12th.

1. Johnson

2. Bowyer

3. Gordon

4. Kahne

5. Kyle Busch

Busch edged Keselowski by .006 of a second. On the last pit stop, Kes got screwed by a penalty "tire on the line" which took him out of the race, really. But it was Johnson's race the whole time. Kahne or Gordon would've won with a long stretch run to the finish, but overall entertaining race.

Also...

Westboro Baptist Church is gonna protest the Kansas race, because a gay auto magazine asked Keselowski what the reaction would be if there was a gay driver. He said "I can’t speak for the fans, I can only speak for myself, but in this garage, if you can win, people will want to be a part of what you can do". So naturally they put up "God hates Brad Keselowski" on their website. Idk, I'm just relaying what I heard on a podcast. But here is a link

http://nesn.com/2013/03/westboro-baptist-church-plans-to-picket-kansas-speedway-sprint-cup-event-after-brad-keselowski-interview/

Martinsville was today, pretty good race. Gibbs and Hendricks led all but 2 laps. Ambrose led the first, and someone led on a pit stop run. Johnson led over half of the race and came out on top. Danica also finished 12th.

1. Johnson

2. Bowyer

3. Gordon

4. Kahne

5. Kyle Busch

Busch edged Keselowski by .006 of a second. On the last pit stop, Kes got screwed by a penalty "tire on the line" which took him out of the race, really. But it was Johnson's race the whole time. Kahne or Gordon would've won with a long stretch run to the finish, but overall entertaining race.

Also...

Westboro Baptist Church is gonna protest the Kansas race, because a gay auto magazine asked Keselowski what the reaction would be if there was a gay driver. He said "I can’t speak for the fans, I can only speak for myself, but in this garage, if you can win, people will want to be a part of what you can do". So naturally they put up "God hates Brad Keselowski" on their website. Idk, I'm just relaying what I heard on a podcast. But here is a link

http://nesn.com/2013...wski-interview/

The Gen 6 car has brought back racing to the series. Martinsville was always "Get to the bottom and beat people out of the way" racing, even in the 80s when my dad and I attended. The race was very entertaining, in spite of all the commercials Fox played.

1. Kyle Busch

2. Truex Jr.

3. Edwards

4. Biffle

5. Logano

6. Johnson

7. Almirola

8. Vickers

9. Keselowski

10. Newman

A bitter night for some, Little E had a bad battery and the Penske cars almost failed pre race inspection, all in all a pretty good race, I felt bad for Truex though, he had the dominant car for most of the race.

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for the results for Kansas:

1. Kenseth

2. Khane

3. Johnson

4. Truex Jr.

5. Bowyer

6. Keselowski

7. McMurray

8. Almirola (another top ten again?)

9. Martin

10. Menard

In all honesty, I think Toyota has found their golden boy to win their first sprint cup championship.

Kansas was an interesting race IMO, shoot even Stenhouse was doing well in this race, I'm shocked with Almorila's performance so far, the more top 10's he gets, the better it'll look for RPM. Now onto my favorite track (although I'm biased) Richmond!

also... someone has a sense of humor when it came to Joey's rotten luck today lol...

Denny Hamlin@dennyhamlin 5h

I know Joey felt bad but he doesn't have to keep falling in the points on my count :)#seeyasoon

Denny is hoping to be back by Saturday.

baltimoreravens.png

I say Denny makes the chase on wildcard wins. Almirola is very impressive, he'll get his first win this year.

Kahne is still my dark horse for the cup, he's been competitive all year, just have to get that 48 guy out of the way. I could even see Kyle or Matt sneaking in.

News & notes into Richmond...

There are more rumblings coming in for Dodge's return to NASCAR & they haven't said anything yet but there are some teams talking (RCR, Petty, Furniture Row & Andretti rumors haven't died). Although the article was a little misleading about funding. I still think Dodge will be in, so its more of a matter of when.

Breaking today...

Matt Kenseth failed his post race inspection due to his engine, here are the penalties...

-Crew chief Jason Ratcliff has been fined $200,000 and suspended from NASCAR until the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events (a period of time that also includes the non-points NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race) and placed on probation until Dec. 31.

-Car owner Joe Gibbs has lost 50 championship car owner points

-Driver Matt Kenseth has lost 50 championship driver points; the Coors Light Pole award from April 19 at Kansas Speedway will not be allowed for eligibility into the 2014 Sprint Unlimited; the first place finish from April 21 at Kansas Speedway will not earn bonus points

-The loss of five NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Manufacturer Championship points.

Just like Penske, they will appeal, Penske's is May 1... If both fail this will be a big blow to both contenders.

baltimoreravens.png

News & notes into Richmond...

There are more rumblings coming in for Dodge's return to NASCAR & they haven't said anything yet but there are some teams talking (RCR, Petty, Furniture Row & Andretti rumors haven't died). Although the article was a little misleading about funding. I still think Dodge will be in, so its more of a matter of when.

Breaking today...

Matt Kenseth failed his post race inspection due to his engine, here are the penalties...

-Crew chief Jason Ratcliff has been fined $200,000 and suspended from NASCAR until the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events (a period of time that also includes the non-points NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race) and placed on probation until Dec. 31.

-Car owner Joe Gibbs has lost 50 championship car owner points

-Driver Matt Kenseth has lost 50 championship driver points; the Coors Light Pole award from April 19 at Kansas Speedway will not be allowed for eligibility into the 2014 Sprint Unlimited; the first place finish from April 21 at Kansas Speedway will not earn bonus points

-The loss of five NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Manufacturer Championship points.

Just like Penske, they will appeal, Penske's is May 1... If both fail this will be a big blow to both contenders.

There is no more gray area in the NASCAR rule book!

1. Harvick

2. Bowyer

3. Logano

4. Montoya

5. Burton

6. Edwards

7. Kenseth

8. Almirola

9. Kurt Busch

10. Earnhardt Jr.

Wow, what a race at RIR. I thought if that caution didn't happen, JPM would've gotten it. Lots of wreck & bad blood tonight, especially near the end between Tony, Kurt & Matt. Once again, for the third straight race, Almirola made the top 10. Dega is next week, this is gonna be good.

baltimoreravens.png

Awesome awesome race. A bunch of contenders had bad days, but it was a very entertaining end.

Heading to the green white checkered, the following 3 cars stayed out while everyone got new tires.

1st- Burton

2nd- McMurray

3rd- Almendinger

They finished

5th- Burton

14th- Almendinger

26th- McMurray

Now we hold our breaths until Tuesday, the day when NASCAR announces fines and penalties. Friday night's dust up between Nelson Piquet Jr and Brian Scott might not bring anything, but the RCR crew members being arrested might.

Let's hope NASCAR doesn't discover anything against the rule book, or as it's being called in my house "NO Shades of Gray", this week.

Looks like the Penske penalties were upheld & will appeal to highest level, Chief Appellate Officer. John Middlebrook. Penske crew members will be able to work at Talladega pending approval of Middlebrook. Meanwhile next week will be Joe Gibbs turn.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived