2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

Speaking of Gibbs, Hamlin wasn't cleared to race, but to get him the points, he's gonna start the race, then switch to Vickers at some point during a pit stop.

It's Talladega, so some things you can count on: The big one, pack racing, the prospect of kids eating free with Dave Blaney running in the top 10, and a last lap pass.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Gibbs, Hamlin wasn't cleared to race, but to get him the points, he's gonna start the race, then switch to Vickers at some point during a pit stop.

It's Talladega, so some things you can count on: The big one, pack racing, the prospect of kids eating free with Dave Blaney running in the top 10, and a last lap pass.

well now its up to J.J. Yeley,.......... there goes that promotion

Good finish at 'Dega. Front Row Motorsports (!?) gets the 1-2 finish, with David Ragan winning and David Gilliland second. Not really sure about the decision to finish the race (would've been extremely controversial if there was another Big One)

Also, I didn't know David Ragan was the son of Ken Ragan (obscure 1980s driver)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Did I think Dega took too long? Maybe.... Was it entertaining? Oh yeah. It's always refreshing to see a underdog team squeak out a win out of nowhere.

Actually a few one & done guys finished in the top 10

1. Ragan

2. Gilliand

3. Edwards

4. Waltrip

5. Johnson

6. R.Smith

7. Truex. Jr

8. Kenseth

9. Speed

10. Almirola

Plus we had 2 big ones plus for most of it, I was impressed with Danica, she just had rotten luck on the 2nd big one... Then again, it could be worse, she could've been Kurt Busch or Ryan Newman, on to the "Lady in Black" next.

baltimoreravens.png

Brad Keselowski is having a twitter rant. Saying Ragan didn't restart properly. Still awesome to see the small guys win!

Kurt Busch's Twitter last night was funny

tumblr_mmdy3852bk1r5jqq2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Looks like both Penske & Gibbs got their penalties reduced, but not by much

Penske:

As a result, the 25-point deductions for Keselowski and Logano in the driver and owner standings stand. So do the $100,000 fines for crew chiefs Paul Wolfe and Todd Gordon. But the suspensions for Wolfe, Gordon, chiefs Jerry Kelley and Raymond Fox, engineers Brian Wilson and Samuel Stanley and competition director Travis Geisler were reduced by four

Gibbs:

• Crew chief Jason Ratcliff: The $200,000 fine remains intact; NASCAR suspension now covers one championship points event. In addition, he will be placed on NASCAR probation until the completion of the next three championship points events following his reinstatement;

• Car owner Joe Gibbs: Loss of championship owner points has been reduced to 12. All other components of his penalty were rescinded;

• Driver Matt Kenseth; Loss of championship driver points has been reduced to 12. All other components of his penalty were rescinded;

• Manufacturer: The loss of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series manufacturer championship points has been increased to seven.

baltimoreravens.png

The all star race had potential.... Until the last 10 laps. I did however like one thing that they did, qualifying. It was a new fresh take on how to do things & I hope they consider that. I fully enjoyed watching qualifying that way. I've always wanted to see a race in Charlotte, its up there with Daytona, Talladega, Martinsvile & Bristol.

Speaking of Charlotte...

Bruton Smith could move fall race out of Charlotte: NASCAR mogul Bruton Smith says there is a strong possibility that he will move the Bank of America 500 out of Charlotte, NC. The Bank of America 500 is one of two annual races held at Smith's Charlotte Motor Speedway, along with May's Coca-Cola 600. The BoA 500 is held in October. "I know you're not gonna cut this one out, but I've been having some strong conversations about one of these events being moved," Smith told WBTV's Paul Cameron in an exclusive interview. "And Las Vegas is a great place - it's the entertainment capital of the world - and they want another event."

I dunno about this but this is Bruton we are talking about so who knows... Next up the NASCAR equivalent of an Endurance race, the Coca-Cola 600!

baltimoreravens.png

How about take away the 2nd New Hampshire, Dover, or Pocono race?????? ? ? ????

New Hampshire might work as burton owns that Dover & pocono he dont so those will stay. This is merely a chess move to get more $$$ out of the county for repairs to CMS. Like the big 4 & arenas.

NASCAR needs to help refurbish North Wilkesboro, a historical short track. They do can without one of the too many 1.5 mile races.

How about a way to help boost crowds is to hold 1 race at MOST tracks and then every track gets to host a race. 2 races at every track is too much and unessary when most can't sell out one cause people plan for the other date, if there is one date at a track then u have more demand cause its the only date at the track.

To me there are only 5 tracks that should get to host 2 races:

Daytona, Talladega, Bristol, Richmond and Charlotte. These are the 5 staple tracks in Sprint Cup.

That's it. There are plenty of deserving tracks that have been shut out of hosting races because boring tracks like Loudon and Kansas get 2 dates. North Wilkesboro, Rockingham, Iowa, CotA would all be welcome (re)additions to the schedule.

Archived