satansgoalie

Man. I was gonna use this team name in a football league, then I figured out theres a rugby team with the name as well...

Anyway, this looks pretty good. I would make the back number on the road orange with a blue outline, like the home. If you wouldn't mind, could you post a large view of the road and alt scripts? One more thing... the belt on the front of the road pants isn't there.

spacer.png

Great job here. On a related note, I would love to get some feedback on the template as I can see you are using the vector version. Is it user-friendly enough for you?

Thanks man.

I actually really like this template. With the exception of a few minor tweaks (making compound paths and expanding strokes) it's very user friendly. Thanks for making and posting it!

I guess you're supposed to post it to the same topic, but no matter. I'd definately call this an improvement over your last set, but I think there are issues with the alt. The side panel and pinstripes shouldn't be combined imo. I also don't like the blank space between the placket piping either. But anyway, this looks much better.

spacer.png

One of the other members here converted it to vector format. I use the PSD version. Since I stare at it all day, it's nice to see others getting some use out of it.

Oh, I've been using the psd file pretty much intensely. I actually have an upcoming 20-team fantasy league for this season, so I'm designing uniforms for all of the teams.

I will post them later all at once I get them all complete. I think that's the easier way because if you post them one by one, then it's easier to "quit on" like a few threads here and there.

EDIT: Including the New York Knights as well, but a little different version though! Hope you don't mind, satansgoalie.

Great job here. On a related note, I would love to get some feedback on the template as I can see you are using the vector version. Is it user-friendly enough for you?

Thanks man.

I actually really like this template. With the exception of a few minor tweaks (making compound paths and expanding strokes) it's very user friendly. Thanks for making and posting it!

Glad the template is working out for you!

Looking to your concept, I really like the start you're off to. I think the "Knights" wordmark could be made to be a little less generic and look like the logo/wordmark from the film.

NYK39T-550.gif

I think a tweak of that "Knights" script would look awesome.

You could probably ditch the white stroke around the wordmark too and make it straight-up blue-on-orange.

The last thing I'd say is that you should try to enlarge the actual player and cut down on the framing/negative space. A lot of the picture is taken up by the frame. You could even make each uniform its own image, so that we can really see the details clearly.

It's off to a good start, I think it definitely looks like a current team that also has some history behind it.

Grunge-Logos.png

Haha, I just responded to the old topic, specifically about the away wordmark. I mentioned the template, so you can ignore that part of it. I did like the little baseball labels on the old pic, though.

I think you could ditch the side panels. The original home jersey looked like a modern uniform that grew out of an old one, which (I think) is the feel this team needs. I think the panels on a pinstripe jersey is overkill.

I also think you could try swapping the home and road caps. A blue bill on the road uni would make it look a little more muted and a little darker overall, while the orange bill on the home cap would make it a little more colorful.

Lastly, I think solid color socks on the road would look good. Maybe with some orange stripes?

Overall, though, you're doing good work! Glad to see you're enjoying the template too!

Grunge-Logos.png

Archived